Testaccio Market Food Tour
Enjoy the sights in beautiful Testaccio as you indulge in some local goodness with multiple tastings and a visit to a local market.
Los Puntos Culminantes
- This tour, led by a local expert, takes you to one of the best local markets in Rome, complete with tastings to give you a glimpse of Rome’s culinary goodness.
- You will get a chance to eat the best pizza in Testaccio.
- Taste some of the authentic Italian wine straight from the barrel, that's served at Roman dinner tables across the city.
- Try three types of delicious pasta at a place known for its authentic Italian food, that is loved by all Romans. Plus, this restaurant is built into Monte Testaccio - a man-made hill that consisted for terra cotta fragment.
At Piazzale Ostiense at the bottom of the Pyramid, is where you will meet your guide and the rest of the group. After you’ve familiarized yourself with the group, you shall begin your tour by exploring the neighborhood on this 3.5 hour walking tour. Once home to the biggest slaughterhouse in Europe, Testaccio is now a modern, family friendly neighborhood that houses the working class and is a haven for the best food in Rome. Led by your own personal foodie guide, meet some of the local favorite vendors and sample the best Roman pasta dishes, panino sandwiches, wine, olives, pizza and gelato.
The Testaccio market, built over ancient ruins, is the most important bit of this authentic tour of Rome. You will get the chance admire this delightful slice of Roman life, but you’ll meet the vendors who earn their living here and maybe take home some produce.You get the chance to get away from the tourist crowds and into a more locally populated area that gives you an insider perspective on Roman lifestyle. After exploring the market, you shall head to one of the best restaurants in Testaccio. Built against the side of Monte Testaccio, a hill comprised of the fragments from ancient terracotta storage containers, this restaurant is packed with hungry locals. After a wholesome lunch, end the tour on a sweet note with some gelato!
- A friendly and local English-speaking guide
- Seven tasting stops in and around the Testaccio Market
- Plenty of delicious local wine
- Lunch at a restaurant built into the side of a hill
- Hotel pick up and drop off
Know Before You Go
This tour is available at 10:30 AM on certain days, depending on availability.
This tour lasts for approximately 3.5 hours, from 10:30 AM to 2:00 PM.
This tour is available only in English.
You will meet your guide at the Piazzale Ostiense at the bottom of the Pyramid.
If you have certain requirements, do mention it at the time of booking so that you can be comfortably accommodated on this tour.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
Cancellations that are 72 hours prior to departure are fully refundable.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
- You will receive your mobile voucher shortly.
- On the day of the experience, head to meeting point and display the voucher on your mobile phone along with a photo ID to begin your tour.
- Your guide will be holding a sign that reads, "The Roman Guy".
Piazzale Ostiense, Rome