From Sharm El-Sheikh: Mount Moses Trekking, Sunrise & Monastery Visit
Climb up to the very top of Mount Sinai and enjoy the incredible sunrise from the summit. Then, explore the ancient manuscripts at St Catherine’s Monastery.
lo más destacado
- Hike your way up Mount Sinai to the spot where God revealed to Moses the 10 Commandments.
- Experience the amazing sunrise from the summit of Moses Mountain.
- Discover old treasures at St. Catherine’s Monastery and learn about its history.
- Enjoy convenient return transfers to and from your hotel in Sharm El-Sheikh.
- 16 to 17-hour tour
- Pick-up and drop-off from your hotel in Sharm El-Sheikh
- Transfers in a clean, air-conditioned vehicle
- Water and soft drinks
- Extra drinks
- Personal expenses
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Your hotel pick-up in Sharm El-Sheikh will take place between 8 and 9 PM. Enjoy a relaxing 4-hour journey in an air-conditioned vehicle as you head to Moses Mountain. Once you arrive at Mount Sinai, you will start the trekking part of your tour to the place where Prophet Moses received the 10 commandments. Your journey includes climbing up 750 steps and reaching a height of 2,285 meters. This will take approximately 2-3 hours, depending on the fitness level of the group.
If you reach the summit early, you will have the chance to catch the spectacular sunrise that scatters light across the mighty mountains. This is also an incredible photo opportunity, so don't forget to keep your camera at the ready. You can also use this time to pray. Once everyone is ready, you descend back to the bottom. This will take about 2 hours, and you get to enjoy some resting time after the long trail, along with breakfast.
The next stop is the UNESCO World Heritage Sire of St. Catherine's Monastery. As one of the oldest monasteries in the world, it is home to hundreds of old manuscripts that are displayed in the library. Admire some of the mosaics here, said to be the world's earliest icons. Once you've finished exploring the monastery, you can relax on the drive back to your hotel in Sharm El-Sheikh.
know before you go
- This experience requires a minimum of 2 people to operate the shared tour. The tour may be canceled or rescheduled if the minimum group size is not met.
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women.
- The camel trek is only available for the beginning of the trek up to the 750 steps, then you must climb the steps and do the entire return trek on foot. The local partner does not recommend the camel trek.
- Duration of the tour will be 16-17 hours including pick-up and drop-off at Sharm El-Sheikh.
- Your pickup time will be decided based on your hotel location. You will be informed within 24 hours of your tour date by email/call or WhatsApp message.
- Please bring a jacket, comfortable trekking shoes, warm clothes, original passports, and breakfast box from your hotel.
- The breakfast box must be pre-ordered from the hotel and collected before the tour starts.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible.
- Pets, and luggage or sizeable bags are not allowed.
Tour Guide Languages
Arabic, English, Italian, and Russian
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the time of pick-up.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- The pickup is available from hotels in Sharm El Sheikh.
- While booking, please provide the name of your hotel.
- Please share your correct nationality, hotel name, address, and room number.
- If your hotel is not in the pickup zone, you will be provided with the nearest pickup location.
- On the day of your tour, please arrive at the main entrance or the "Main Gate" of the hotel 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time.
- The pick-up point will be not at the reception gate or area.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.