The de Young Museum & Legion of Honor Admission Tickets
de Young Museum is a world-class fine arts museum that offers an impressive variety, showcasing modern and contemporary art. Explore all this and more, along with the vast collection housed at the Legion of Honor - all in one day!
- With over 1,000 paintings, 800 sculptures, and 3,000 decorative arts objects, de Young Museum will delight the art enthusiast in you
- Experience rich diversity through stellar art pieces from Africa, the Pacific and the Americas
- Discover San Francisco’s most expansive collection of European art, sculpture and print exhibits at Legion of Honor
- Soak in excellent panoramic views as the museum sits on a cliff overlooking the Pacific and Golden Gate Bridge
de Young Museum
The de Young Museum allows you to travel to distinct lands without actually having to board an airplane. Thousands of artifacts on display paint a glorious picture of worldwide proportions. Discover art objects with African, Oceanic, New Guinea, and American Indian origin at the permanent collections housed in the museum. While your purpose of visit may be to admire the art and artifacts, you will nevertheless stumble upon a world outside the realm of paintings, sculptures, and relics from the past. A café, sculpture garden, and easy access to a Japanese tea garden are just other highlights yet to be discovered at this main Golden Gate Park sight. The ninth-floor Observation Level of the de Young's Hamon Tower offers breathtaking 360-degree views of San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge, and the Pacific Ocean.
The Legion of Honor
The Legion of Honor as a museum of fine art and decorative arts plays host to a vast collection of European works dating back to 4000 years in history. This art lover’s paradise is an impressive replica of the Palais de la Légion d'Honneur in Paris. The permanent collection has more than 100 Rodin sculptures, including a bronze casting of The Thinker, and works by Picasso; more than 800 paintings, including pieces by Monet and Rembrandt; plus a series of photographs taken by Ansel Adams. Noted for its breathtaking setting, the Legion of Honor is a beautiful building located in San Francisco's Lincoln Park, overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Golden Gate Bridge and all of San Francisco.
- Admission Tickets to de Young Museum
- Admission Tickets to Legion of Honor
- Access to Permanent Collection Galleries
- Food and Drinks
- Guided Tour
- Additional Gratuities
Children aged 12 and under enter for free.
Know Before You Go
Tuesday - Sunday from 9:30 AM - 5:15 PM
Closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Braille / Tactile and Large Font Museum Guides, and Map
- Standard-size strollers are allowed, however, please note that some exhibitions have restricted stroller access
- Service and Support Animals allowed
- Bags larger than an average carry-on (approximately 41”) are not allowed in the museum and cannot be checked at the museum’s coat-check facilities. Small carry-ons may be stored at coat-check based on availability.
- Flowers, plants, feathers, and balloons, weapons, flammable liquids, permanent markers, and spray paints are prohibited.
- No long-form video or flash photography is allowed. No tripods can be used anywhere, including the Osher Sculpture Garden, Garden of Enchantment, or Court of Honor without advance written permission and/or staff supervision. The use of selfie sticks is not allowed.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be canceled, amended, or rescheduled.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly after the purchase.
- Please display the same along with a valid photo ID at the time of redemption.
- Kindly ensure you arrive 10 - 15 minutes before the scheduled time in order to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
Redeem your voucher at the time of entry into the attractions.
- These Bus lines stop near De Young Museum: 28R, 44, 5R.
- These Bus lines stop near Legion of Honor: Bus - 18.
These tickets are valid for the date and time selected during booking.