San Francisco Exploratorium Admission Tickets
Tap into your inner explorer at the scientific funhouse of the Exploratorium! Regarded as the world’s foremost interactive science museum, this is a place you visit to feed your curiosity!
- Discover and play with more than 650 hands-on exhibits at the Exploratorium museum in San Francisco
- From large-scale outdoor art installations to exploring microscopic life in the Bay, the Exploratorium is more than just a museum!
- Explore at your own pace and safe to say, there is a lot to learn along the way
The Exploratorium gives science and art a bold and quirky new look. Simulated colorless worlds, anti-gravity mirrors, colored shadows, and many more explore-for-yourself exhibits await you at this wacky, educational museum. Whether it means trying on a punk hairdo, or stepping inside a tornado, or even turning your frown upside down in a curved mirror, there is much to see and do here. In this hands-on science museum, you will discover things you wish you were taught in school. The Exploratorium stimulates learning by inviting participation, forcing you to rethink how you perceive the world. Ask an orange-vested Explainer to share tips and tricks for exploring exhibits and any other additional onsite help. Created by visual and performing artists as well as scientists and educators, these engaging exhibits allow you to immerse yourself in pure scientific curiosity and wonder.
- Admission Tickets to Exploratorium
- Tactile Dome
- Thursday After Dark Hours
- Guided Tour
- Food and Drinks
- Additional Gratuities
3 and under enter for free. Children aged 4 - 12 enjoy reduced prices on their tickets.
Know Before You Go
Tue - Sun: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday Nights (Ages 18+): 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Monday: Closed except on select holidays
- The Exploratorium is fully wheelchair accessible.
- Tactile maps for blind and visually impaired visitors are available for pick up at the Information Desk.
- Strollers are welcome in the galleries.
- Guide dogs and other certified assistance animals are welcome
- Informal photography and video for personal use, including engagement and wedding shoots, are allowed during regular public hours as long as other visitors' experiences are not disrupted, and the photos are for noncommercial use.
- Complimentary museum maps are available in English, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, French, German, Portuguese, Korean, and Japanese.
- The Exploratorium campus covers 3.3 acres, so expect to do plenty of walking.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be canceled, amended, or rescheduled.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly after the purchase.
- Please display the same along with a valid photo ID at the time of redemption.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
- Kindly ensure you arrive 10 - 15 minutes before the scheduled time in order to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
Redeem your voucher at - Exploratorium, Pier 15, The Embarcadero, San Francisco
- These Bus lines stop near Exploratorium: 27, 38R, 6, 82X, 9.
- These BART lines stop near Exploratorium: BLUE, GREEN, YELLOW.
- These Light Rail lines stop near Exploratorium: F.
These tickets are valid for the date and time selected during booking.