Golden Circle Tour with Northern Lights Experience
Get a chance to witness one of the most magical phenomena, the Aurora Borealis, as the entire night sky is illuminated by hues of red, purple and green! During the day, take in the stunning landscapes and natural beauty of the country, as you go on a journey around the renowned Golden Circle, visiting iconic sights like the Gullfoss Waterfall, the Haukadalur valley, and Thingvellir National Park.
- Revel in the sights of some of Iceland's finest wonders, as you embark on a tour around the Golden Circle.
- Enjoy live commentary from a local guide, and understand the history and culture of the country as well as hear stories that are more than a thousand years old.
- Witness the splendor of the Northern Lights, a natural phenomenon occurring over the Earth’s atmosphere due to solar storms and winds.
Revel in the Sights of Some of Iceland's Finest Wonders with Hassle Free Hotel Pick-up
Your Golden Circle tour is scheduled in the morning. It will take approximately 6-7 hours. You will have between 3 to 6 hours to take a break before going on the Northern Lights tour. After boarding your coach at the meeting point, you will begin your tour with a visit to the marvelous Gullfoss Waterfall. From afar, it presents the illusion of being a lake, landlocked on all sides. Only as you move in closer will you be able to catch sight of the plummeting waters over the edge of the canyon. A truly breathtaking sight, it is the perfect spot to lie back and absorb the sounds of the roaring waters that flow over the edge. Next up is the Geysir geothermal area. The sight of powerful erupting geysers makes you wonder about the forces of nature that are at work deep under the surface of the Earth. Although Geysir itself is dormant and no longer erupts, another geyser, Strokkur, is present nearby and shoots up water to heights of almost 40 meters.
You will then pay a visit to the Thingvellir National Park. The Eurasian and North American tectonic plates are continuously moving away, and you can see the rift at the Silfra fissure. The Thingvallavatn Lake can also be seen nearby, and the crystal clear water is indicative of its natural and untouched state.
Top off your Experience by Witnessing the Splendor of the Northern Lights
At night, you will get a chance to see the Aurora Borealis, better known as the Northern Lights. Formed due to charged particles from the Sun entering into the top part of the Earth’s atmosphere, they form incredible patterns and shapes in the sky. Depending on the weather forecast, visibility and season, there are chances that it won't be visible. As the multitude of colors light up the night sky, the variety of shades and tones are astounding. It is undoubtedly the crowning moment of your tour and your visit to Iceland.
Don't miss out on a chance to visit all the Icelandic wonders in just a day! With these immersive tours, we guarantee an experience worth bragging about. We aim to help you explore the best, with the best.
- Transport from the meeting point in an air-conditioned coach to the attractions.
- Professional local guide.
- WiFi, tablet computers and USB Chargers at each seat.
Know Before You Go
- This tour is weather dependent and sightings cannot be guaranteed for every tour.
- We recommend you bring your own headphones for the onboard audio guide since they will fit you best and this is better for the environment. If you forget yours, headphones can be purchased on board the bus.
You will depart at 10:30 AM for the golden circle tour. You will arrive back within Reykjavík city limits approximately at 4:30 PM.
You will have a few hours to spend before you join our Northern Lights tour. Depending on the time of year, your guide will share details with you on the day.
Please note, departures are highly dependent on weather.
This tour is available in English.
In Iceland, it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended.
Reduced Tickets Prices
Child tickets (children between the age of 12-15) are available at a reduced price of 42 EUR. Entry for children below the age of 11 is free.
Please carry valid ID for all members of your party for whom you're booking reduced pricing tickets to confirm their age if required.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
- You will receive an email confirmation with your Golden Circle Tour with Northern Lights Experience vouchers shortly. You may display your vouchers on your mobile device, along with valid photo ID, at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 20 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
BSI Bus Terminal, Vatnsmýrarvegur 10, 101 Reykjavík. Get Directions to the Meeting Point
The coach tours for the Golden Circle and the Aurora Borealis depart from BSI Bus Terminal, Vatnsmýrarvegur 10, 101 Reykjavík.
By Bus: Board the #6 towards Hlemmur and get off at the BSI Bus station.