Northern Lights Ocean Cruise
Marvel at the incredible Aurora Borealis from the water after sailing away from the Icelandic coastline in a boat with an expert guide to tell you all about this world famous, natural phenomenon!
- Sail just twenty minutes off the Reykjavik coastline and be in perfect position to take in amazing views of the Northern Lights.
- Enjoy your guide's commentary on the science behind the phenomenon as well as the myths and mysteries that surround it.
- Take advantage of the free overalls on board and hang out on the deck of the boat listening to your guide or stay warm and cozy inside while watching an original Northern Lights video.
- No need to spend time adjusting settings on your camera to capture the Aurora Borealis; a crew member will be taking pictures throughout your visit!
Sail Just Twenty Minutes off the Reykjavik Coastline and View the Northern Lights from the Sea
Once the boat sets sail from the Old Harbor in downtown Reykjavik, the crew will begin their search for the best spot from where to admire the Northern Lights by boat! After 15-20 minutes of sailing, you will escape the light pollution from the capital city and reach the ideal location to view the lights. Your expert guide will share information about this amazing natural phenomenon, the science that explains it as well as the many folk stories and myths that have tried to explain it over the years from many different cultures.
Relax on the Deck and Make Use of the Complimentary Overalls Onboard
Do take advantage of the complimentary overalls for both adults and children that are offered on-board during your tour as it can get a bit cold out at sea, especially during the winter months. If you prefer to grab some warm drinks and snacks that you can purchase from the cafeteria area and watch the Northern Lights educational video indoors as you cozy up with your friends and family, please do so! Or you can always enjoy the bracing air as you admire the lights and listen to your guide's commentary on the deck outside.
Please note that we can never guarantee sightings of naturally occurring phenomena. If there are no sightings on your tour you are invited to join us for free on another tour on the next available date.
- Guided boat tour.
- Complimentary overalls on board.
- Educational Northern Lights video.
- Wifi on board.
- Cafe and souvenir shop on board.
- Restrooms on board.
Know Before You Go
- The tour is weather dependent and our experienced crew makes the decision to sail each day based on the weather and aurora forecast.
- Sightings of the Northern Lights can never be guaranteed - in case there are no sightings we offer a free ticket to try again!
- October - March: This tour runs daily at 9:00 PM.
- 15th March - September: This tour runs daily at 10:00 PM.
This tour is approximately 3 hours long.
This tour is available in English.
The tour will depart from Reykjavik´s Old Harbour.
By Bus: Board the #14 towards Grandi and get off at the Mýrargata station. The meeting point is a short 3-minute walk.
Reduced Tickets Prices
Child tickets (children between the age of 12-15) are available at a reduced price of 42.5 EUR. Entry for children below the age of 11 is free.
Ensure you're wearing warm clothes as temperatures during the month of November can drop to -1° and -2° in December.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You will receive an email confirmation with your Northern Lights Ocean Cruise vouchers shortly. You may display your vouchers on a mobile device, along with valid photo ID, at the meeting point.
Reykjavik's Old Harbour, Reykjavík