Museu del Modernisme de Barcelona
Enter the Museu del Modernisme de Barcelona and dive into the world of modernist art. A venue dedicated to the home-grown nouveau movement, you’ll be able to see more than 350 works from Barcelona’s most celebrated artists.
- Discover up to 350 works by renowned contemporary artists
- Explore the ‘modernisme’ art style perfected by the Catalans
- Study the different disciplines of artwork on display which include paintings, sculptures, furniture and decorative art
What To Expect
The museum is dedicated exclusively to Catalonia's home-grown art-nouveau movement, 'modernisme'. The collection on shows consists of 350 works by 42 of the most representative modernista artists, including Joan Busquets, Ramón Casas, Antoni Gaudí, Gaspar Homar, Josep Llimona, Joaquim Mir and Puig i Cadafalch, in their different disciplines: painting, sculpture, furniture and the decorative arts.
To mark the museum's second anniversary, new exhibits to further the work in the conservation and dissemination of 'modernisme' have been added. The new exhibits include works by cabinet makers and interior designers, such as the Busquets, Gaspar Homar, Francesc Jevellí and Antoni Gaudí; sculptures by Enric Clarasó, the Oslé brothers and the Masriera and Carreras studio. Other highlights include paintings by Ramon Casas, Joaquim Mir, Martí Alsina, Pere Borrell and other artists.
The Museu del Modernisme Català is housed in a centrally located modernista building designed by the architect Enric Sagnier. The Catalan vaults were restored and the original flooring on the ground floor preserved as part of the refurbishment project to house the museum. It has a floor space of 1,000m2. The top floor showcases the furniture and decorative arts and has a room dedicated to Antoni Gaudi. The ground floor displays paintings, sculptures and stained glass.
- Admission ticket to Museu del Modernisme de Barcelona
Reduced Price Tickets
- Children's tickets (aged between 5 and 15) can be bought at discounted rates.
This museum is open from Monday to Friday:
- From 10:30 AM to 2 PM
- From 4 PM to 7 PM
Know Before You Go
- This museum is open on weekdays and stays closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
- It will stay closed on the 25th and 26th of December.
- You must redeem your e-voucher for a physical ticket to get access to the museum.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be cancelled, refunded or rescheduled.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the venue.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Display your mobile vouchers at the Museum itself (Carrer Balmes, 48).
This ticket is valid until 31 Dec