Singapore Up Close
- Glimpse the real Singapore in this guided walking tour.
- Visit the country’s first satellite town of Toa Payoh and stroll through the wet markets and residential areas.
- Explore the day-to-day life of a Singaporean local
- Learn the quirks of the locals such as their unique language, which blends English with the local dialect, and interact with them.
Discover a new angle of Singapore in this three-hour extensive tour of local areas. Visit the satellite town of Toa Payoh, the first of it’s kind, and explore the vicinity. Stroll by the town center and learn the planning system used to build the town including its design language and accommodating various amenities and facilities.
You will also get to visit the headquarters of the Housing Development Board and listen to the Singapore housing story. The story of how a country troubled with inadequate accommodation facilities managed to pull its socks up and now enjoys among the highest homeownership rates in the world.
Dive into the lives of locals, get interesting insights regarding their daily lives and explore the unique habits and practices inherent to the Singaporean apartment dwellers. Learn the unique vernacular ‘Singlish’ - a unique blend of Singaporean dialect and English - and use your new language skills to order local snacks and drinks from the coffee shops.
- Small group walking tour
- Professional licensed English speaking guide
Know Before You Go
The tour begins at 9:30 AM. You are required to be at Toa Payoh MRT by 9:15 AM latest. The tour will end by 12:15 PM. Please note this tour occurs only on Fridays.
• Meeting Point: Toa Payoh MRT, Outside Exit C, atop the escalator. A guide wearing a red badge will be waiting for you at the spot.
• Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the tour.
• Dress Code: Please wear comfortable casual attire with walking shoes. We advise you to carry a water bottle, an umbrella/raincoat and a small carry bag for your belongings.
•Children aged under 12 can join the tour for free if accompanied by a guardian.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
You will receive your mobile voucher via email. No need to print!
Toa Payoh MRT, Singapore