Central Park, American Landscape - Walking Tour
- Experience the wonder of Central Park, New York’s physical and spiritual heart as well as its primary lung space with the guidance of a landscape historian or local architect
- Admire the by water bodies and awe-inspiring gothic structures as your walk around the best-known spots and secret corners
- Be fascinated by the park’s design inspirations, its social function, the conservation movement that saved it and the history of its construction
Get ready for a refreshing and truly enjoyable tour of New York’s physical and spiritual heart as well as its primary lung space- Central Park. Here, you will be guided by a landscape historian or local architect who will take you through the best-known spots and secret corners of this artificially constructed park.
As you walk through the beautifully maintained iconic space, you can admire the wide green spaces, defined by water bodies and awe-inspiring gothic structures. You will learn about the park’s design inspirations, its social function, the conservation movement that saved it and the context in which Fredric Law Olmstead and Calvert Vaux designed and constructed it in the 19th century.
- Tour admission
- Tour guide
- Food & beverages
- Hotel transfers
Your voucher will be emailed to you within 20 minutes of purchase. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
The Arsenal, 830 5th Ave, NY
- Please arrive at the venue 15-minutes prior to departure
- Meeting point is in front of the Arsenal, a 19th century building that actually pre-dates the park and is located at 830 5th Avenue (the intersection of 64th Street and 5th Avenue). We meet down the stairs, directly in front of the building, near the kiosk with the map on it. The nearest subways are the N,R,W (Yellow line) 5th Avenue Stop or the F train (orange) at 63rd and Lexington