Summer Neuschwanstein Castle Tour from Munich (with bike ride)
Revel in the beautiful Bavarian countryside, as you take a tour to the renowned Neuschwanstein Castle. Explore the stunning castle during a 35-minute guided tour, as you appreciate its architecture and decoration. With included transport from Munich to Neuschwanstein and skip the line entry, enjoy a laid-back and delightful experience!
- Enjoy a comfortable and hassle-free transfer to the Neuschwanstein Castle in a luxurious air-conditioned coach.
- Relish a rewarding hike to Marienbrucke, where you can catch spectacular sights of the Neuschwanstein Castle.
- With an exclusive skip the line entry into the Neuschwanstein Castle, spend more time exploring the castle rather than standing in queues!
- Discover the beauty of the Bavarian countryside with a bike ride and hike in the breathtaking village of Schwangau.
- Savor some local delicacies at a restaurant frequented by the locals of Schwangau.
- On pleasant summer days, get a chance to swim in an Alpine lake, as you take in the stunning sights around you!
Savor Astounding Sights of the Bavarian Countryside
Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the tour commences. The coach will depart exactly at 9 AM. Once you have arrived at the quaint village of Schwangau, you will join the locals for a leisurely 1.5-hour bike ride. You can catch stunning views of the Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein castles, and if the weather is nice, maybe even go for a swim in a pristine Alpine lake! Next up is lunch at a local restaurant. Replenish your energy levels for the remainder of the day’s activities, as you savor some of the finest local delicacies of the village of Schwangau. If a bike ride isn't really your cup of tea, you can take a stroll through the city like a local. The calm Bavarian countryside is guaranteed to leave you feeling relaxed. You can also opt for a tour of the Hohenschwangau Castle, and explore the beautiful 19-century structure nestled in the hills.
Explore the Neuschwanstein Castle
The second half of the tour includes a hike up Marienbrucke. If you are unable to hike up the hill, a bus will take you to Marienbrucke. The sight of the Neuschwanstein Castle with the village of Schwangau and the lake behind it is guaranteed to take your breath away. The castle is famous for having inspired the great Walt Disney. With your skip the line tickets, you can avoid the annoying queues. The Romanesque-Revival palace is one of the most popular attractions near Munich, with more than 1.3 million visitors every year. The interiors are exquisitely designed, and the detailing in the Throne Hall and Corridors is marvelous. Another feature that stands out at the castle is the massive window panes. The castle was furnished with the latest technological advancements during the late 19th century. You will see central heating systems, toilets with automatic flushing systems, electric bells for the king to summon his servants, and even telephones! The 35-minute guided tour will give you insight into the ideals of Ludwig II, who used the castle as his retreat. You will then make your way back to the village, and take the bus back to Munich.
- Professional guide
- Transport between Munich and Neuschwanstein
- Lunch at a local restaurant in Schwangau
- 1.5-hour bike tour of the surrounding
- 35-minute tour of the Neuschwanstein Castle (exteriors)
Know Before You Go
- Tickets to the interior of the Neuschwanstein castle is not included in this ticket but can be purchased on the bus and you may opt for a tour of the interiors accordingly with your guide.
The buses depart at 9 AM. Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the tour commences. You will return back to Munich between 7 and 7:30 PM. The duration of the tour is approximately 10 to 10.5 hours.
- 15th Apr - 11th May: Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sat
- 13th May - 12th Aug: Mon-Sun
- 4th Aug - 18th Sept: Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat
- From 20th Sept and 8th Oct: Daily
This tour is available in English only.
Assemble at Mikes Bike Tours, Bräuhausstraße 10, 80331 München, Germany. Make sure you arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour departs.
By Tram - Get off at Kammerspiele using tram nos. 19, 21 or N19. Walk southwards towards Hoch Bruckenstrasse. The office is located right next to the police station.
By Bus - Get off at stop Tal using bus 132. Walk towards the police station towards the north.
By Commuter Train - Get off at Isartor station using trains S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, S7, or S8. Walk towards the northwest. You must cross the Thomas-Wimmer Ring road and take the Marienstrasse. Walk for about 200 meters, and you will see the destination on your left, right next to the police station.
Ensure that you wear comfortable clothing and appropriate shoes since this experience involves a fair amount of physical activity.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
You will receive your Summer Neuschwanstein Castle Tour from Munich (with bike ride) mobile voucher in your email shortly. Please display this on your mobile device along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
Mikes Bike Tours, Bräuhausstraße 10, 80331 München, Germany
- Get off at Kammerspiele using tram nos. 19, 21 or N19. Walk southwards towards Hoch Bruckenstrasse. The office is located right next to the police station.
- Get off at stop Tal using bus 132. Walk towards the police station towards the north.
By Commuter Train
- Get off at Isartor station using trains S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, S7, or S8. Walk towards the northwest. You must cross the Thomas-Wimmer Ring road and take the Marienstrasse. Walk for about 200 meters, and you will see the destination on your left, right next to the police station.