Premium Red Dunes Desert Safari with BBQ Dinner & Adventure Activities
Enjoy an evening at the Al Khayma Desert Camp and experience the laidback lifestyle of the Bedouins. Take part in leisure activities of those times such as henna tattooing, camel riding, barbecue dinner, local Tanoura, and ladies khaliji dance shows.
- Go for an Evening Dubai Desert Safari that includes a visit to the exclusive Al Khayma camp.
- Bash some sand dunes for approximately 30-45-minutes at Lahbab desert and go sandboarding (sand-surfing) along the red dunes for added thrills.
- Enjoy a relaxing camel caravan ride and capture the sunset views on your camera.
- Revisit the old-fashioned Bedouin lifestyle by indulging in activities such as henna painting, getting a complete Arabian makeover, and snapping photos with the majestic falcon.
- A sumptuous dinner buffet predominantly featuring vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes from local Arab cuisines is also included.
- Be prepared for an evening of entertainment that includes performances of both Tanoura as well as lady khaliji dancers.
- During the month of Ramadan, the following activities will not be operational: Belly Dance, liquor won't be served, and no entertainment activities. Tanura Show and Fire Show will be performed at desert camp.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel/selected location
- Transportation by 4WD air-conditioned Land Cruiser
- English-speaking licensed Safari driver
- Dune bashing (for 30-45 minutes)
- Sunset photo stop
- Gaymat (sweets), gahwa (coffee) & dates
- Henna painting for women
- Falcon experience
- Camel ride (for a few minutes; can be repeated)
- Shared camp space
- Tanoura and ladies khaliji dance performances
- Unlimited soft drinks
- Barbecue meal with both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes
- Cold mineral water in the vehicle during transfer
- Alcoholic beverages
- Dune buggy/Quadbike activities (optional)
- Shisha is no longer free due to the rise in COVID cases. It is available on a private basis and is chargeable (extra).
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel this tour up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Enjoy a Hassle-free Transfer and Dune-bashing Experience
A Desert Safari tour is one of the best ways to understand the fascinating style of life followed by the Bedouins, a nomadic group that lived in the deserts of the Middle East. You will be picked up from your hotel or selected location by the Safari guide/driver and taken to the Lahbab desert.
During the 1-hour drive, you’ll get to learn how Dubai was once a small village and its dazzling transformation into a postmodern city. Once you arrive, a recess period of 20-25 minutes is provided during which you can use the rest area or avail toilet facilities. You also have the option to go for Quad Biking if that interests you. Next up is dune-bashing. Wander through the uniquely shaped red dunes at Lahbab for 30-45 minutes. In between, you can also get an adrenaline rush by doing sandboarding (or sand-surfing). Thereafter, you’ll proceed to the Al Khayma desert camp.
Plenty of Desert Activities, Delicious Dinner Buffet, and Ladies Khaliji Dance To Keep You Engaged
At the camp, you’ll see camels in groups, ready to take people on rides. The guide will take you to the spots where all the different activities take place and eventually to your table which may be inside/in front of a tent. Be welcomed with Arabian coffee, sweets, and dry dates. The tent also has an unlimited supply of soft drinks. Sport Arab attires and take photographs. Once you’re done with activities in the tent, you should be ready for an exciting camel ride with a group. Bask in those beautiful sunset views (and capture them, if you must) from the camp’s special sunset dune.
You can utilize the rest of your time by being a part of activities such as henna tattooing, meeting a falcon expert and getting clicked with the majestic bird. The evening is sorted thanks to enthralling Tanoura dance at the center of the stage. In between, you can proceed to treat yourself to a luscious barbecue dinner buffet. A good number of desserts are also provided. The entertainment for the evening will draw to a close with a spectacular ladies' khaliji dance performance.Thereafter, the camp lights will be switched off for you to enjoy star-gazing or simply relax/meditate in your desired space. Finally, you will be dropped back at your hotel/ selected location.
know before you go
During the month of Ramadan, the following activities will not be operational: Belly Dance, liquor won't be served, and no entertainment activities. Tanura Show and Fire Show will be performed at desert camp.
Pick-up will be within the first 30-45 minutes of your booked time slot. Pick-up is available from hotels in Dubai and Port Rashid (cruise terminal). Pickup service is not available from Naif and Al Sabkha areas. Additional costs may be applicable in case of pick-ups from Sharjah & Ajman, Al Maha Resort, Jebel Ali, Bab Al Shams, Discovery Gardens and Investment City. Airport pick-ups will be from Holiday Inn Express Airport hotel only.
- To enjoy the ride more, keep your tummy empty at least 2-3 hours before the safari in order to avoid any moving sickness/vomiting tendencies during dune-bashing.
- It is the responsibility of the guest to take care of his/her belongings.
Depending upon the pickup location and the operator conducting your desert safari, you will be picked up anytime between 2:15 PM - 03:00 PM. You may directly get in touch with the operator for information on your exact pickup time. At the end of your tour, you will be dropped off between 9:00 PM and 9:30 PM.
During Ramadan: pickup timings will be between 3:30pm - 4pm.
It is recommended to wear sports shoes for safe sandboarding. While there’s no specific dress code, we advised you to dress according to the weather conditions.
This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
There will not be any entertainment activities during religious holidays i.e. 10 & 31st Aug, 9th Nov, etc. as per UAE law. Pregnant women, people with cardiac issues, and infants (under 3 years of age) are not allowed to be a part of dune-bashing as the UAE law states. Contact the operator for customizing your tour in these cases. It is advisable not to carry expensive goods such as jewelry, watches, etc. during the tour.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
Your mobile tickets will be emailed to you instantly. Please display the ticket on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your Desert Safari guide at the time of pick-up.
Pick-up services are available for the following areas in Dubai:
- Deira, Bur Dubai, Jumeirah, Business Bay, Trade Center, Al Barsha, Al Barsha heights Tecom, JLT, Palm Jumeirah and Marina. Pickup from Dubai Airport is available from Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport Hotel.
- Pickups are not available from Naif and Al Sabkha areas.
- Pickups from other areas of Dubai are possible on request for an additional cost depending on the location.
Pick up and drop off from your hotel is included in the ticket price.
The Premium Red Dunes Desert Safari & Camel Safari with BBQ Dinner at Al Khayma Camp ticket is valid only for the time/date selected while booking.
ratings & reviews
During the month of EID, there will be no ladies khaliji dance, music, and alcohol as per the law of the UAE