The Espadrilles Experience
This handcrafted Live session will take you on a journey of traditional shoemaking in Spain and get a custom-made pair shipped to you, all included. Design your own beautiful pair and the artisans will make it and ship it to you. Become an insider, learning the history and the meaning of this trendy footwear, traditionally made as a working shoe for poor people in Spain.
- Through this session, you will learn how to design the espadrilles of your dreams and your hosts will make them and then ship them to you, for no additional cost.
- Meet your host virtually at their artisanal workshop in Barcelona, in a very unique and special place, where you will feel surrounded by finished espadrilles and their parts.
- First, you will be introduced you to the story of these beautiful shoes and the materials needed for their construction. You will learn about this old tradition, and how this shoe passed from being built by and for humble people, to be one of the most trendy styles of shoes nowadays.
- Proceed to then choose the color and size of the base, the ribbons, the threads, and the type of stitching. Once ready, we will stitch LIVE your own traditional espadrilles, following your instructions. Once finished, we will teach you the different ways to lace them up and use them.
- Finally, and very important, we will ship your creation to your home with free worldwide FedEx shipping. You will get the pair at your home, all included, no extra cost.
- This is a great online experience for individuals, families, and an amazing team-building exercise for companies. Check out your host's work and their designs on Instagram @HandmadeBarcelona
About the Host
Your friendly hosts Luis and his wife Kathe are experts in the art of making handmade traditional shoes from Cataluña, Spain. From their workshop in Spain, experience the wonderful world of Catalan Espadrilles and own your brand new handcrafted pair at the end of your session which will be shipped to your place.
Before Your Experience
- Download the Zoom App for free on your desktop or mobile device.
- A day prior to the start of your experience, you will receive a Zoom link and instructions on how to join.
- Connect to the tour with either your laptop or smartphone through the link provided.
- We recommend you use a good internet connection and tools like headphones and webcam if you wish to interact.
This experience cannot be canceled.
You will receive a confirmation email with a link and details on how to virtually join your experience.