Prague Castle After Dark Guided Tour
Immerse yourself in a completely different experience of the magnificent Prague castle at night. Avoid the bustling crowds in the castle during the day, beat the afternoon heat and delve into the largest castle complex in the country under the cover of darkness with a guide, of course!
- Witness the beauty of Prague after sunset when the crowds thin out, where you can experience the city from a different perspective.
- Wander through Old Town Square, where alchemists and astrologers once worked
- Be entertained, informed and intrigued by an exclusive guided tour at night that teaches you about the Palace's darker days.
- Learn the mysteries of the palace and all the legends associated with it.
As night falls, this tour will take you on a magical adventure of places in and around Prague Palace. You start off from the heart of the city, the Old Town Square, the oldest square in Prague. Your guide will take you across the river Vltava, to see the Strahov Monastery, known as one of the most beautiful libraries in the world. At the monastery, your guide will tell you about the “Devil’s Bible”, and stop for a while by “Hole to Hell”. Learn about the city’s dark history, from “Good King” Wenceslas to Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV and the golden age of Prague during the rule of Emperor Rudolf II. Apart from breathtaking views of Prague by night, you’ll also get to see the Golden Lane, once the home of Franz Kafka.
Let your guide regale you with other haunting tales from the history of the fascinating structures that the Palace houses. The St. Vitus Cathedral, and the St. George’s Basilica are beautiful churches and look majestic against the night sky. Walk along the Golden Lane, named after the goldsmiths and artisans that used to live in these houses in the 17th century. The Daliborka Tower can be seen at the eastern end. Under the basement is a dungeon that used to house prisoners. The pulley mechanism that used to lower them into this dungeon is still visible. You will then move onto Lesser Town, where you can see the grand Wallenstein Palace. Built in the 17th century, the architectural influence of the Wallenstein Palace has a much more modern flavor compared to the other buildings in the Prague Palace. Your three-hour tour will come to an end here.
- Tram ride
- Professional tour guide
- A brief overview on your admission ticket and basic orientation of the castle
- Entry into certain buildings in the castle complex
Know Before You Go
- Wear comfortable shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved
- The tour is 3-hours long
- Students and senior citizens enjoy discounted tickets (carry valid photo ID)
Sep 1 – May 31: 6 PM
Jun 1 – Aug 31: 7 PM
Mon, Wed, Fri: 24, 25 & 31 Dec
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide. When there is no Tour Guide
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your tour guide at Prague Trips & Tickets (Czech Republic, Týnská 7, 110 00 Staré Město, Czechia)
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Prague Trips & Tickets Center
Get Directions to the Redemption Point
- If you are taking the metro, get off at either the Staromestska stop (line A), or the Namesti Republiky station (line B)
- They are both about 10 minutes from the meeting point
- Get off at the Namesti Republiky stop by taking the tram #6, 8, 15, or 26. Cross the Old Town Square towards the Tyn Cathedral.
- Once you get behind the Tyn Cathedral, you will see a huge signboard saying Prague Trips & Tickets.
- Get off at the bus stop, ‘Staroměstské náměstí’
- It is about 5 minutes from the meeting point
- Bus #194 will get you here
This ticket is valid on the date selected during checkout