Ski Dubai: Penguin Encounter
Have the experience of a lifetime interacting with the colony of incredible King and Gentoo penguins that call Ski Dubai home and get the opportunity to learn about these adorable creatures!
- An up and close personal interaction with the penguins
- Underwater viewing of the penguins
- Meet at least 2 Snow Penguins
- Enjoy free rental for all necessary winter wear
- 20% off on Food and Beverages at 28 North Cafe. Collect your meal vouchers at Ski Dubai.
Though Ski Dubai is most well known for being a stand alone ski park, they also have a thriving colony of King and Gentoo penguins that live in the most sophisticated habitat in the UAE, with a private pool, a top deck and a private holding area, which gives the penguins the space to play and live. The private pool and top deck are made visible to people during the Penguin Encounter through a glass wall. Ski Dubai's care and attention in safeguarding these animals is well noted during a visit to the park and the Penguin area.
Once you arrive and get your winter gear on to brave the sub zero temperatures of the park, you will meet up with your expert penguin guide who will walk you through a set of instructions regarding the encounter. Post this briefing session, you will enjoy a short video about King and Gentoo penguins specifically and what sets them apart, like habitat, characteristics and distinctive markings. You will then be introduced to at least two penguins that you will have the opportunity to interact with and marvel at before enjoying some free time watching the penguins swim effortlessly and play underwater through the pool windows.
Should you choose an Express Pass, you can take advantage of the exceptional rides and experiences that Ski Dubai has to offer or, you can keep your visit short and sweet and leave the park post your penguin encounter.
- 40 Minute Penguin Encounter.
- Meet at least 2 penguins in a small group.
- Underwater Viewing of the Penguins.
- Optional access to Snow Park and the rides and attractions within.
- Free rental of Winter Attire: Thermal jacket, pants, boots, socks and fleece gloves, as well as helmets for children under the age of 13.
- 20% Off at 28 North Cafe.
- 20 AED Key Card Deposit
Know Before You Go
Timings for the Park
- Sunday - Wednesday: 10 AM - 11 PM
- Thursday: 10 AM -12 AM
- Friday: 9 AM - 12 AM
- Saturday: 9 AM - 11 PM
Timings for the Penguin Encounter
- Every 30 minutes from 12 PM to 9 PM.
Ski Dubai is located right next to the Mall of Emirates. If you are taking the metro, then get down at the Mall of Emirates Metro Station.
Note: The minimum age to enter Ski Dubai is 3 years old.
- Get extra value by choosing the Express Pass, which not only gives you access to the Snow Park and the rides in it along with your Penguin Encounter, but provides it to you at a fraction of the cost should you book the two separately. You can choose the Express Pass by choosing the 10 AM time slot after selecting the date of your visit.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
I booked the interaction for my two kids, the staff took care of them and they loved it.
It's one of the rare chances to see penguins and this interaction was quite exciting. The kids loved it and didn't want to leave at all.
The ski park takes money for every little thing. Just read the terms and conditions before booking.
You will receive instant confirmation of your booking along with your mobile voucher. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
Ski Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road - Dubai - United Arab Emirates, Dubai
- The 40-minute Penguin Encounter is exclusive of Snow Park access. If Snow Park Access is required, you will have the option to upgrade to an Express Pass.
- Children between the ages of 3 and 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Caps are not included in the winter attire provided so please bring your own should you be particularly sensitive to cold weather.
- Children Below the age 3 will not be permitted inside the park.