Local Market Tour in Florence and Cooking Class in Tuscan Countryside
Get on with a day-long experience that includes a meticulous cooking class and a food tour along the Central Market in Florence.
- Spend the day discovering the Tuscan countryside and Florence's Mercato Centrale, one of the city's main food markets, with an experienced guide at your side.
- Shop at the local markets and learn how to choose the best produce as you get to sample some too!
- Learn to prepare a four-course Italian meal in a small group setting at a farmhouse.
- Enjoy your beautifully prepared lunch and some great wine as the session comes to an end when you will get a certificate verifying your achievements.
- Fun Fact: Mercato Centrale, once the Italian capital market, was built by architect Giuseppe Mengoni, who also built the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II in Milan.
- Central Market Tour
- Guide in English
- Round-trip transfer
- Cooking lesson
- Italian Cooking Diploma
- Personal expenses
Sie können diese Tickets bis zu 24 Stunden vor Erlebnisbeginn stornieren, um eine vollständige Rückerstattung zu erhalten.
Shop at Florence’s Historical Market
Expect this Cooking class to be extra special as you start by picking up ingredients from scratch at the legendary historical market of Florence. Did you know at one time Mercato Centrale was the capital market of Italy? Explore the market, and meet local bakers, farmers, food artisans, chefs, and other culinary experts in different shops inside the building. The cast iron and glass structure is a magnificent sight to behold. Be on the lookout for most fresh fruits, vegetables, cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, vinegar, cured meats, and other seasonal goodies.
Prepare your meal
After shopping, enjoy a comfortable ride to the private estate in the Tuscan countryside. Here in the kitchen, get an elaborate cooking lesson under the guidance of a culinary master and chef. Learn with hands-on experience to cook an authentic Tuscan meal comprising 4 courses. Once the class is over, taste your meal over an authentic Chianti wine. The meals include fresh Italian pasta, bruschetta, traditional Tuscan roast pork and potatoes, and of course, Tiramisu.
Once you are done with shopping, cooking, and savoring the meal, grab the chance to purchase the fresh and exclusive ingredients you used during the class. Get back to Florence in the convenient ride offered with a diploma in your hands and a smile on your face.
know before you go
know before you go
- The experience is not accessible with wheelchairs due to the uneven and steep ground of the location.
- The experience does not cater to any specific vegetarian or alternative dietary requirements.
- Daily: 9am
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at Piazza Stazione.
- Address: 50123 Florence, Metropolitan City of Florence, Italy.
- Landmark: Across from the outside McDonald's.
- Your guide will be holding a WALKABOUT sign right by the taxi stand at Santa Maria Novella train station.
- The closest bus stop is Florence Bus Station. It is a quick 3-minutes walk to the meeting point.
- Board buses 39,50G,131 and 131R to get you there.
- The closest train station is Firenze Santa Maria Novella. It is a quick 2-minutes walk to the meeting point.
- Board trains EN,FR,FA and IC to get you there.