Hell's Gate Geothermal Walk
Enjoy a self-guided or guided geothermal walk, try your hand at Māori carving, and experience the ultimate relaxation in a mud foot pool!
- Enjoy a guided or self-guided interactive tour at New Zealand's most active geothermal reserve.
- These nutrient-filled waters and mud were used by Māori warriors to heal their battle-scarred bodies.
- During your walk, see erupting waters, an active mud volcano, and even a hot waterfall.
- Get your hands and feet dirty in the healing mud foot pool or attempt Māori carving.
- Geothermal walk
- Māori carving
- Mud foot pool
- Swimwear and towels (available for rent on-site)
Sie können diese Tickets bis zu 24 Stunden vor Erlebnisbeginn stornieren, um eine vollständige Rückerstattung zu erhalten.
Take a guided or self-guided interactive tour through native bush and clouds of steam at New Zealand's most active geothermal reserve, Hell's Gate. Māori warriors once used these nutrient-rich waters and mud to heal their battle-scarred bodies and ease inflammation and arthritis, as well as rejuvenate the skin. As you walk, you will see erupting waters, an active mud volcano, and even a hot waterfall. All of these are a thing of cultural legend - having been in use for more than 800 years. Don't miss the opportunity to get your hands and feet dirty in the healing mud foot pool or attempt Māori carving!
know before you go
know before you go
- We recommend that women do not use our bathing facilities whilst pregnant. However, it is an individual’s choice and we recommend that you seek advice from your health professional if you are wanting to bathe.
- This experience is recommended for travelers with heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The spa facility is wheelchair accessible with the appropriate ablutions. The tracks through the geothermal reserve are made with natural stone from the area and therefore we recommend only wheelchairs made for off-road situations accompanied by an experienced helper.
Children aged 3-11 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at Hell's Gate Geothermal Reserve and Mud Spa.
- Address: State Highway 30, Tikitere, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
Hell’s Gate provides a complimentary shuttle pick-up and drop-off, available from within the Rotorua central area. Bookings are essential, please check the Hell's Gate website for the latest shuttle timetable and to contact the provider to organize your shuttle service.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.