Enjoy a serene river cruise in the splendid city of Melaka and soak in the rich history the place has to offer.
- Watch the city of Melaka in Malaysia on a relaxing river cruise that takes you through the city.
- As a UNESCO World Heritage site, the place has got countless stories to offer that date back years.
- Among the trading ships and goods, learn about the diverse culture and heritage of Melaka.
- Discover the lifestyles on both banks of the Melaka River with its eateries, stores, and lovely murals painted on the structures that give them a modern appearance.
- Feel the past and the future together as you learn about how the river is embedded in history and witness the modernization currently present.
- From old historical landmarks to contemporary local symbols, the 45 minutes river boat journey is not to be missed if you are visiting Malaysia.
- Some notable landmarks which you’ll be cruising by are the Stadthuys and Red Building, the Church of St. Francis Xavier, the Bastion Middleburg, and many many more sights and attractions.
- 45-minute Melaka River Cruise
Diese Tickets können nicht storniert werden. Sie können jedoch jederzeit innerhalb der nächsten 5 Monate verwendet werden.
Diese Tickets sind ab dem Kaufdatum 5 Monate gültig.
Infrastructure from Melaka's colonial era is still in place today. Even today, over a longer length of time than the previous centuries, its legacy is still being felt. During this 45-minute boat ride, understand the history and the role the Melaka River played in it and witness the future with the modernization that has taken place.
As you cruise along the serene river, you will pass the Stadthuys and Red Building, which the Dutch built in 1888, as well as the 1856-completed Church of St. Francis Xavier. One will be able to see the Bastion Middleburg, which was built in 1660 to ward off approaching attackers.
Melaka underwent a remarkable transformation as new businesses were developed over time, creating an intriguing contrast between tradition and modernity. The Shore Shopping Gallery is situated next to these, precisely at the river's bend. Additionally, keep an eye out for the Eye on Melaka, a Ferris wheel located on the river's edge, and the Melaka Malay Sultanate Water Wheel, the country's first and biggest watermill. You will come across lovely bridges on this enjoyable river excursion. The Tan Kim Seng Bridge, which was first demolished and later rebuilt, will also be seen. Don't forget to see the Pasar and Chan Boon Cheng bridges. Last but not least, be sure to keep an eye out as you navigate along the river for artistic wall murals and paintings on the wall that contain many fascinating tales.
know before you go
know before you go
- The boat leaves at a 30 min interval.
- Children must be accompanied by a paying adult at all times.
- It is required to provide your passport ID while booking.
- Daily: 9am - 11pm (last admission at 10pm)
- Closed on Fridays between 12:15pm - 2:45pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the mobile voucher with a valid photo ID at the boarding point for verification.
You may choose between any of the 2 departure ports:
River Cruise Taman Rempah Jetty
- Board your cruise at River Cruise Taman Rempah Jetty.
- Address: Jalan Tun Mutahir, 75300 Melaka, Malaysia.
Get Directions to the Boarding Point
Dataran Muara Sungai Jetty
- Board your cruise at Dataran Muara Sungai Jetty (Beside Quayside Hotel).
- Address: Jalan Graha Maju Aras 9, Graha Maju Building, 75300 Melaka, Malaysia.