Official Guided Tour of Louvre Abu Dhabi
Bring your family and join us on an immersive guided tour of Abu dhabi’s finest and newest attraction, the Louvre. Skip the Line and walk in with our expert guide who will run you through the museum’s collection and architecture with great proficiency and be chuffed to answers all your questions.
- Enjoy a 45-minute express tour of the Louvre with a knowledgeable guide who will go above and beyond what you can learn via the multimedia guide.
- Skip the hour long queue and walk in with priority access.
- Access all parts of the Louvre with this all inclusive ticket
- Explore a priceless collection of art and learn about the analogy of different civilizations and cultures from around the globe.
- Revel in the ‘Rain of Sunlight’ while standing beneath the dome; an experience that falls short of words.
- Be sure to check out ‘Emotions! The new art adventure’ at the Children's Museum, showing till May 2023. Perfect for families with younger kids between 4 -10.
- Important Note: In line with the latest government guidelines, all visitors must show a ‘Green’ status on the Alhosn app to enter the museum (30 days PCR required when fully vaccinated, 48hr when unvaccinated). For tourists, a printed vaccine certificate showing full vaccination status from the home country is acceptable. A mask is required indoors.
why you shouldn’t miss this
A spectacular museum city in the sea, Louvre Abu Dhabi is a sprawling cultural beacon that seeks to harmonize different cultures and celebrates the achievements of artists from all around the globe.
The centrepiece of his vision is the signature dome that anchors the entire ‘museum city’ that has been created, at the point where the desert sand meets the clear, cool waters of the sea. Inspired by the cupola, a constant touchstone in Arabic architecture, Nouvel’s design is an intricate metal web of 7850 stars, rendered in various sizes and at different angles over eight different layers.
After 10 years of planning, 5 long years of delays, and billions of dollars spent, the Louvre Abu Dhabi, an outpost of the famed Louvre in Paris opened on November 8th, 2017 and is most sought after attraction in Abu Dhabi.
Jean Nouvel, a Pritzker Prize-winning French architect designed this archipelago at sea with a seamless blend of French design and Arabian heritage. Touted to be the largest art gallery in the Arabian Peninsula, Louvre showcases art from the Eastern and Western world, promoting cross-cultural integration.
This floating dome of light and shade is a really complex geometric pattern of 7,850 stars in eight different layers. When sunlight passes through this dome, it creates an alluring 'rain of light', inspired from the overlapping of palm trees in UAE’s oases. Walking through this serene promenade overlooking the lapis lazuli sea beneath this geometric dome is sure to transport you to another world.
A stimulating attraction for kids and adults alike, Louvre Abu Dhabi boasts a dazzling collection of artworks, artefacts and loans from France’s top museums. The collection here is symbolic of the entirety of human evolution, right from its prehistoric rarities to contemporary pieces of art.
- The UAE Government has paid $464 million to use the word "Louvre" for the art gallery
- Louvre is home over 600 diverse artworks, 300 of which are on loan from France.
Walk in with your guide and soak in generous views of the sea and Abu Dhabi's skyline on your way to the mesmerising dome. Louvre comprises of 55 detached building housing art galleries, a children's museum, an exhibition, a boutique gift shop, a restaurant and a café.
The 12 museum galleries are chronologically arranged in an inspiring manner, narrating the story of humanity with an artistic filter. Through an incredible collection of art installations, each of these 12 chapters unveil commonalities that have existed through the history of humanity.
Louvre hosts 4 temporary exhibitions every year. These exhibitions are the result of a unique collaboration between Abu Dhabi and France. In partnership with 13 French Museum partners, Louvre Abu Dhabi will bring together exemplary art for visitors of the Middle East.
This specially designed section of Louvre hosts an array of family-focused exhibitions and interactive workshops in both English and Arabic. 'Experiential learning' is at the core of the Children's Museum and the aim is to inspire young minds by imbibing artistic techniques and ideas to their thinking patterns.
There are occasional education workshops held in the permanent galleries and art studio. If you are interested in learning in detail about the remarkable collections, you can hop by for one.
Boutique Souvenir Store
However small it may be, grab a souvenir from the snug boutique shop on your way out to cherish this visit to the first Arabian Universal Museum.
Restaurant and Cafe
Rest your tired legs and contemplate the art you just witnessed over coffee and a plate of sumptuous bites before you leave the premises. The eateries are designed by Jean Nouvel himself and are nothing short of extraordinary.
- Isis Lactans Group
- Virgin and Child
- Bactrian Princess
- Funeral Set of Princess Henuttawy
- Statue of Alexander the Great
- Dancing Shiva
- Leaf from the Blue Qur’an
- Head of Buddha
- Madonna and the Child
- Portrait of a Woman
- The Belvedere Apollo
- Horses of the Sun
- Sir Thomas Wyatt the Younger
- The Good Samaritan
- Young Mother Playing a Samisen
- Game of Bezique
- Equestrian Portrait of Maharao Sheodan
- Oriental Bliss
- Fountain of Light
know before you go
Covid-19 Safety Information
- As per the latest guidelines for Abu Dhabi (as of 26 Feb 2022), travellers no longer need a test before flying to Abu Dhabi if fully vaccinated.
- Testing facilities remain at the airport to take a PCR test to activate the Green Pass in the Al Hosn app, facilitating access to Abu Dhabi's public places and attractions. The cost of this PCR test is AED 40.
- If not fully vaccinated, a negative PCR test result taken within 48 hours, or a COVID-19 recovery certificate needs to be present. Your recovery certificate must be dated within 30 days of departure and have a QR code. Children under 12 are exempt.
Entry to most public places and attractions in Abu Dhabi is only allowed for those who are fully vaccinated, officially exempt from vaccination, under 16 years of age, and those who also have ‘Green’ status on the Al Hosn app, which requires following the approved testing requirements:
- Vaccinated travellers must receive a negative PCR test result every 14 days to maintain ‘Green’ status.
- UAE residents need to take a timely vaccine booster shot to maintain 'Green' status on the Al Hosn app. This requirement does NOT apply to tourists.
- Visitors with an official vaccine exemption must receive a negative PCR test result every 7 days to maintain ‘Green’ status.
- Children aged under 12 automatically receive ‘Green’ status without the need to be vaccinated or to take a PCR test.
- Children aged 12 to 15 don't need to be vaccinated but do need to take a PCR test to receive 'Green' status on the Al Hosn app.
- Wearing a face mask outdoors is optional but face masks are required in all indoor spaces and physical distancing should be observed except for those exempt.
- Tue to Sun: 10am - 6:30pm
- The museum remains closed on Mondays.
- Last entry time slot is 5.30 pm, visitors must depart at 6.30pm.
Your ticket is valid only for the day for which you’ve scheduled the experience.
Express Tour Timings
- Daily: 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm, and 4:30pm.
From Abu Dhabi
Get on to Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Highway (E12), which can be accessed from either Corniche Road, Hamdan Bin Mohammed Street or Zayed the First Street. Stay on E12 till you reach the Cultural District. Once here, take the first exit after the bridge to reach Louvre.
Bus No - 94
Average Duration - 30 minutes
Frequency - Every half an hour
Ticket Cost - AED 2
Stations from Abu Dhabi - Dhafeer Street | Abu Dhabi Bus Station | Hamdan Street | Saadiyat Island.
Get on Sheikh Maktoum Bin Rashid Road (E11) and take the Abu Dhabi-Shahama Road (E10). Switch to Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Highway( E12) and take the exit before Sheikh Khalifa Bridge.
If you are taking a taxi from Dubai, it is likely to cost you anything above AED 300.
Take any bus from Dubai to Abu Dhabi Bus Stand. From here you can take bus number 94 to Louvre Abu Dhabi. Average Duration from Dubai to Abu Dhabi- 1 hour 30 minutes Frequency - Hourly
Ticket Cost - AED 25
Paid valet parking
Cloakrooms & lockers
ATM (accepts international cards)
Strollers & wheelchairs on loan
Reduced Rates are applicable for:
Youth between 13 and 22 years of age
UAE School teachers, College teachers, University faculty
Members of the UAE military.
Free admission for children under the age of 13, journalists, disabled visitors (plus one companion), Members of the Louvre Abu Dhabi's Art Club Loyalty Program, Members of the International Council of Museums and Members of the International Council on Monuments and Sites,
All supporting documents must be showcased for availing reduced tickets
You will receive your tickets via email within 20 minutes of online purchase. There is no need to print the same. You can flash these tickets on your mobile phone at the entrance and walk into the museum.