Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary Entry Ticket with Return River Cruise
See eye to eye with Australia's amazing range of native animals, and take in the picturesque views of Brisbane's lovely waterfront suburbs, accessible only by boat!
- Enjoy a relaxing cruise ride from the heart of Brisbane city to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Listen to an exciting commentary from your captain along the way
- Spend 3 hours exploring the world's largest koala sanctuary, and see the shy platypus
- Watch the Birds of Prey show, where owls, kites, and sea eagles soar above you
- Feed kangaroos and wallabies, and catch the adorable sheepdog show
- After a fun-filled day, get dropped off back to Brisbane on the ultra-modern cruise boat
- Return River Cruise (approximately 45 minutes each way)
- Entry into Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary for 3 hours
- Transport from/to hotels
- Food and beverages not listed as inclusions
- Travel Insurance
- Any optional extra items (including but not limited to encounters/experiences/photo packages) that are not included in the standard admission. All optional extra items are at your own expense
Diese Tickets können nicht storniert oder verschoben werden.
Escape the bustle of the city as you board a boat in Brisbane's Southbank district and embark on a relaxing cruise to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. As you glide along Brisbane's waterfront from the skyscrapers to the leafy suburbs, listen to the informative commentary by your captain.
Once you arrive at Lone Pine, you will have 3 hours to explore the world's largest koala sanctuary, home to more than 130 koalas! Visit the Platypus House where you might get a chance to say hello to the shy platypus. Don't miss out on seeing the Birds of Prey show, where you can see owls, kites, and sea eagles flying high above you!
If you'd like to get closer to the animals, try hand-feeding the kangaroos and wallabies; over 100 of them live in a 5-acre reserve here. Lone Pine also hosts a sheepdog show where you see the hardworking (and adorable!) dogs round up a herd of sheep while responding to their master's whistles and hand signals. Your tour ends with a relaxing return journey on the same cruise boat.
know before you go
- The boat is accessible to wheelchairs. However, there are 28 steps to get from the boat to Lone Pine
- If you are not familiar with the area or traveling on a weekend or local public holidays/school holidays, please make sure you've checked your timetable or driving route beforehand, and allow extra traveling time for unexpected delays to ensure you do not miss your check-in
- Make sure to carry motion-sickness medicine (if required)
- Carry appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, eg. a jacket for cooler months and an umbrella/raincoat in the case of rain. Don't forget to keep an insect repellent with you
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable enclosed walking shoes, along with protective clothing, a hat, sunscreen lotion, and sunglasses
- Take a water bottle, snacks, and a camera
- Keep some cash, or carry your credit card for optional purchases
Cruise duration: Approximately 70 minutes
- 10:00 AM: Depart from Cultural Centre Pontoon
- 11:15 AM: Arrive at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- 2:15 PM: Depart from Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- 3:30 PM: Arrive at Cultural Centre Pontoon
Times may vary without notice due to operational reasons or government restrictions.
Daily Shows and Activities
- 9:45 AM: Wild Lorikeet Feeding
- 10:30 AM: Free Flight Raptor Show
- 11:00 AM: Sheep Dog Show
- 12:30 PM: Free Flight Raptor Show
- 1:00 PM: Sheep Dog Show (weekends and public holidays only)
- 6:00 PM: Wild Lorikeet Feeding
Reference only. Subject to change without notice
Children aged 3-13yrs, students aged 14-17yrs, as well as seniors aged 65yrs and above, enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the park
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 30 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at Cultural Centre Pontoon
- This is located on the Boardwalk outside the Queensland Art Gallery/GOMA Cultural Precinct at Southbank, Brisbane QLD
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
- Make your way to South Bank and walk along the river on the BoardWalk to the front of State Library of Queensland (other side of South Bank and the Victoria Bridge). There you will see the Cultural Centre Pontoon.
- Located approximately 3km west of Brisbane CBD, takes about 10 minutes; approximately 16km southwest of Brisbane Airport, takes about 25 minutes; approximately 102km north of Gold Coast Airport, takes about 2 hours 5 minutes.
- Performing Arts Carpark (Address: 8 Melbourne St, South Brisbane QLD 4101), approximately 5 minutes walk
- Merivale Street Parking (Address: 15A Merivale St, South Brisbane QLD 4101), approximately 5 minutes walk
- Parking fees apply
By Public Transport
By Bus: Catch a bus that travels on the busway. Get off at the Cultural Centre bus station, South Brisbane, and head towards the State Library of Queensland. Make your way to the Riverfront and onto the boardwalk.
By Train: Catch the train to the South Brisbane stop. Head towards the State Library of Queensland and make your way to the Riverfront and onto the boardwalk.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout