Royal Observatory Greenwich Entrance Tickets
Stand on the iconic Prime Meridian that separates the eastern and western hemispheres on this fabulous tour of the Royal Greenwich Observatory! Find out how Greenwich Mean Time came to be the standard global time reference.
- Explore the Royal Observatory of Greenwich, one of the first state-funded scientific institutions for astronomy and navigation.
- Photograph yourself standing on the iconic Prime Meridian.
- Get up close and personal with John Harrison’s famous timekeepers and the Great Equatorial Telescope.
- See the amazing Flamsteed House, Time Galleries, Astronomers Royal Apartments, and the Octagon Room at Greenwich.
Stand on the Prime Meridian
Revel in the feeling of standing on the longitude that splits the Earth into the eastern and western hemispheres. The green laser that is directed at the London Skyline from the top of the Greenwich Park hill marks the Prime Meridian. This is an excellent place to grab a photograph of yourself!
Explore other Iconic Centres in Greenwich
Learn more about the ingenious clocks made by John Harrison to help sailors maintain their standard clocks. The clocks themselves look incredibly sophisticated and beautiful. There are four versions of the clocks, H1 to H4, made between 1728 and 1759. Science enthusiasts are sure to appreciate the insight and creativity behind Harrison’s revolutionary timekeepers.
Discover the Octagon Room and the Time Ball
Filled with archaic timepieces and instruments, the Octagon Room was one of the first observation rooms in Greenwich for celestial events like meteorite showers and eclipses. It is located in King Charles’ Flamsteed House. The time ball located on top of Flamsteed House still drops on a daily basis at 1 PM!
- Entry to the Greenwich Royal Observatory
- Hotel Transfers
- Food and drinks
Know Before You Go
The observatory is open on all days of the week between 10 AM and 5 PM.
Strict Cancellation Policy
This experience cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled.
How to Redeem Your Ticket
You will receive your mobile voucher in your email shortly. You can show this on your mobile device along with valid photo ID before your visit.
Royal Observatory Greenwich, Blackheath Avenue, Greenwich, London SE10 8XJ
- Reach the bus stop near Greenwich using buses on routes 129, 177, 180, 188, 199, or 386.
- Take the Thameslink, Southeastern, or Light Rail (DLR) lines to the Greenwich stop. The observatory is a short 15-minute walk from here.
This tour is valid for the date selected at the time of booking.