Giethoorn Day Trip from Amsterdam by Bus & Boat
Spend the day exploring Giethoorn. Enjoy a peaceful boat ride along its distinctive canals which is the primary means of transportation in this quaint village.
- Seek out a more relaxed experience in Amsterdam by taking a day trip to Geithoorn
- Explore a village with no roads on a boat ride along its idiosyncratic waterways
- Admire the picturesque wooden bridges and farmhouses with centuries-old thatched roofs
- Learn about the many quirks of the village through the guide accompanying you
- Enjoy free time to explore Giethoorn on your own either by foot or bike
- Roundtrip bus transfers
- 1hr boat tour in Giethoorn
- Hotel transfers
Diese Tickets können nicht storniert oder verschoben werden.
Stepping into Giethoorn is much like stepping into a fairy-tale, where canals have replaced roads and boats have replaced cars. Dubbed the Dutch Venice, Giethoorn gets its name from the discovery of a hundred goat horns (gietehorens) in the marshland, a remnant of the 10th-century flood. For all those seeking to admire the picturesque stillness of Holland, this is the place to be. Because there are no roads in the village (except for biking trails), you have two ways to go about its secluded landscape - by foot or boat, and with this ticket, you get to do both!
Discover the village from the water, through the narrow canals and from under the 170 odd wooden bridges. View antique thatched-roof farmhouses lined up along the banks and allow the peace and tranquility to engulf you. Afterward, spend time on your own exploring the narrow walking paths, browsing for souvenirs, clicking postcard-perfect pictures, and perhaps stopping by for lunch at one of the quaint canal-side cafes. There is no sweeter escape than this!
know before you go
Children aged 3 and under get tickets for free. Children aged 4 - 13 enjoy reduced prices on their tickets
English, German, Spanish
Summer Season (11 May - 18 Oct): Daily at 10 AM
Winter Season (4 Nov - 19 Mar): Sat at 9:30 AM
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly after the purchase
- Please display the same along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays
- Meet your guide at - Amsterdam Central Station: IJ-Hal, De Ruijterkade 34 (Tours & Tickets Departure Point)
- It is on the far Eastern side of the Central Station
- Address: De Ruijterkade 34, 1012 AA Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Ferry: 901, 907
- Tram: 2, 11, 12, 13, 17
The ticket is valid for the date and time selected at the time of the booking