5 Day JR Kansai Wide Area Pass
- Explore major and lesser-known cities around the Kansai region from Osaka and Kyoto to Okayama and Takamatsu.
- Unlimited rides on the Sanyo Shinkansen, Express Trains, Rapid Services, and local trains for 5 consecutive days.
- Skip the lines and quickly redeem your JR Pass via digital redemption machines at JR Pass ticket offices.
- With a 90-day validity from the date of purchase, get enough time to plan your journey.
- Click here for valid train routes.
- 5-Day JR Kansai Wide Area Pass (The reserved seat ticket can be redeemed six times. If the number of rides exceeds the number of reserved seats, the original ticket can be used to board the unreserved train directly).
- Non-reserved seats on Sanyo Shinkansen (Shin-Osaka to/from Okayama), Express Trains Haruka, Kuroshio, Thunderbird, Kounotori, and Super Hakuto (Kyoto to/from Kamigori).
- Kyoto Tango Railway, Wakayama Electric Railway, the Sanin Main Line between Hamasaka and Tottori, and West JR Bus services within the area
- Non-reserved seats on the Hello Kitty Shinkansen
- Non-reserved seats on Express Trains
- Special Rapid Services
- Rapid Services
- Local trains on JR-West Conventional lines
- JR Buses
- Attraction Tickets
Children aged 6 - 12 enjoy reduced prices on their tickets.
Sie können diese Tickets bis zu 0 Stunden vor Erlebnisbeginn stornieren, um eine vollständige Rückerstattung zu erhalten.
why you should pick this pass?
The best thing about the Kansai Wide Area Pass is that apart from getting to visit the top destinations in Kansai, you also get to explore some of the lesser-known areas around the region. These include Kurashiki, Shirahama, and Kinosaki Onsen where you can visit various attractions like well-known hot springs, shores, and even amusement parks! Home to post-card perfect cities like Kyoto and Nara, the Kansai region used to be the political and cultural center of Japan for centuries. The Wide Area pass allows a first-time visitor to conveniently move around, making for a hassle-free travel experience.
The pass includes rides on the Sanyo Shinkansen (including bullet trains Nozomi and Mizuho between Shin-Osaka and Okayama), Rapid and Special Rapid services, non-reserved seats on Express trains (including Haruka, Kuroshio, Thunderbird, Kounotori, Super Hakuto, Super Inaba, etc) and Local trains (including Kyoto Tango Railway, Wakayama Electric Railway, and Chizu Express), and finally the West JR Buses in the area.
know before you go
Click here for valid train routes
- The JR Pass is eligible only for non-Japanese passport holders with a Temporary Visitor Visa and a permanent residence outside of Japan for 6+ months
- Carry your passport while using a rail pass and present it to a JR staff if needed
- Non-Japanese passport holders with permanent residence in Japan cannot use the JR Pass
- Specify a fixed date while redeeming the voucher for physical tickets
- The starting date on the rail pass and the duration cannot be changed after the purchase.
- JR Kansai Wide Area Pass is eligible to redeem the reserved seats up to six times (Once it is used up, you can purchase the reserved seat ticket at JR Green window with your own cost)
- No express ticket is required for reservations on Rapid Services and local trains on JR-West Conventional Lines.
- A rail pass will not be reissued even if lost or stolen.
- Over 12 years old are classified as Adult, 6-11 years as Child.
- An Adult's or Child's rail pass holder can accompany up to 2 infants (1-5 years old) for free.
Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly after the purchase
Please present the voucher along with a valid passport at the redemption stations in exchange for your physical JR pass
If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
Secure a Temporary Visitor Stamp at immigration to be eligible for a JR Pass. Do not pass through the automated gates, as no stamp will be applied
How to Redeem Your Tickets
If your passport is not equipped with an IC chip, you can only redeem your JR Pass at the JR Pass ticket office
Head to the JR Pass Ticket Office (Midori no Madoguchi) and lookout for a digital redemption machine
You may redeem your JR Kansai WIDE Area Pass at any of the following locations: Kyoto Station, Osaka Station, Shin-Ōsaka Station, Osaka Kansai International Airport, Nara Station, Sannomiya Station, Wakayama Station, Fukuchiyama Station, and Okayama Station
Click here for the step-by-step redemption process using a digital redemption machine
Your pass is valid for 90 days from the date of purchase
After you activate the pass, it will remain valid for the select number of days chosen during redemption