Australian Butterfly Sanctuary Entry with Guided Aviary Tour
Find yourself surrounded by more than 1,500 multicolored butterflies at the biggest butterfly aviary in the country, the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary in Kuranda! Explore the aviary at your own pace, or join one of the complimentary tours during the day, including a behind-the-scenes lab tour.
- Check out the more than 1,500 butterflies that live in the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary
- Visit the laboratory and discover what a butterfly’s breeding cycle looks like
- Enjoy plenty of photo opportunities as butterflies come and land on you
- Join one of the free guided tours to learn more about these fascinating creatures
- General Admission into the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary
- Guided tours through the flight aviary
- Behind the scenes laboratory tour
- New food plant walk
- Free information sheet in various languages
- Shuttle service from Kuranda Skyrail Terminal and Scenic Railway Station
- Hotel transfers
Diese Tickets können nicht storniert oder verschoben werden.
Make your way to Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, the largest butterfly flight aviary and exhibit in Australia! A stroll here will take you through the over 2,000 magnificent tropical butterflies that call it home. This includes the beautiful blue Ulysses and the grand green Cairns Birdwing. Explore the aviary’s boardwalks and gardens, set in the heart of the Kuranda rainforest. You’ll even have access to a knowledgeable guide, who will lead you through the aviary and the breeding laboratory. The latter showcases the efforts taken by scientists to keep the aviary well stocked. Whereas just two percent of eggs survive in the wild, more than 80 percent mature here, thanks to the lab experts. While you’re here, you might even get a peek at the hard-working scientists who keep this facility thriving!
The half-hour guided tours through the aviary are available at no extra cost and take place throughout the day. Discover fascinating facts delivered about the butterfly's life cycle and behaviors as you walk through the aviary. Tip: Wear white, red or hot pink to attract the butterflies!
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
Guests aged 16 and above must be fully vaccinated (exemptions apply) and must wear a face mask indoors.
Daily: 9:30am - 3:30pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
Ticket Redemption Point
- Your ticket redemption point is at Kuranda Butterfly Sanctuary
- Address: Kuranda QLD 4881, Australia
- You can get to Kuranda via the Captain Cook Highway and Kennedy Highways
- Drive yourself, hire a car, or catch bus #850 to get here.
- There is also a FREE shuttle bus to Kuranda Heritage Markets and all attractions, departing from the Skyrail & Kuranda Railway Station every 15 minutes between 10am and 3pm daily
This ticket is valid on the date selected during checkout