Montserrat Monastery Tour + Hiking Off the Beaten Path
Hike through hidden trails in Montserrat and treat yourself to panoramic views!
- Enjoy a hike through Montserrat Natural Park and see the Benedictine monastery.
- Make the best of the round-trip transportation from Barcelona in an air-conditioned minivan.
- Your ticket includes bottled water and some typical Catalan snacks.
- This is a small-group tour with fewer than eight participants.
- Choose to have your tour conducted in English or Spanish.
- If you're lucky, you can hear the boys' choir sing the famous Escolania de Montserrat (from Monday to Friday, except public and school holidays)
- Transport by a comfortable, air-conditioned minivan
- Expert English or Spanish-speaking local guide
- Guided hike
- Bottled water
- Typical Catalan snacks
- Guide gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Sie können diese Tickets bis zu 24 Stunden vor Erlebnisbeginn stornieren, um eine vollständige Rückerstattung zu erhalten.
Montserrat translates to a serrated (sawed) mountain in Catalan. On your 45-minute minivan drive from Barcelona, you can make out the jagged mountain peaks ahead of you. The Benedictine Abbey, set at an altitude of 725 meters on top of the mountain, is known as the site of Santa Maria de Montserrat.
Not only is this a holy mountain, but it is famous for pilgrims across the world who are seeking the Black Madonna, the official patron of Catalonia. Her statue can be seen in the basilica of the monastery. Your hike begins from the monastery, through a beautiful path around the peaks of the mountain. Along the way, look out over spectacular views of the rugged mountain peaks and the green, luscious valleys below. When you reach the highest point of the mountain, take in the 360° panoramic views of the multi-peaked rocky range surrounding you. If there are clear skies, you might even be able to see the Pyrenees. Take this opportunity to admire the great landscapes and maybe snap a picture or two.
know before you go
know before you go
This ticket has the following options you can choose from:
- English-Guided Tour
- Spanish-Guided Tour
- Photography is allowed, provided you do not use flash or tripods.
- Baggage and outside food and drinks are allowed.
- Guide dogs are allowed.
Mon to Sat at 8 AM.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at Passeig de Gràcia 26 at 8 AM.
- Your guide will be wearing a Catalan Trails uniform.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Metro: Passeig de Gràcia (L2, L3, L4)
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.