Day Trips from Paris
Popular Things to Do
Sort By: Our Recommendations
Selling out fast
Versailles TicketsExclusive: Guided Tour of Versailles Palace with King's Private Apartments Visit
Selling out fast
Guided ToursHalf Day Guided Tour of Giverny Monet's Gardens from Paris
Paris to Mont Saint Michel TicketsFull Day Mont Saint Michel Guided Tour
Selling out fast
Nearby CitiesWWII: Normandy U.S. D-Day Beaches Full Day Trip with Lunch from Paris
Selling out fast
Food ToursDay Trip to Champagne Region from Paris including Moët Chandon, Hautvillers and a Family Winery
Selling out fast
Château de Chambord TicketsPremium Tour From Paris to Loire Valley Castles: Chambord, Chenonceau, & Amboise + Wine Tasting
Selling out fast
Versailles TicketsVersailles Palace and Giverny Gardens From Paris with Optional Lunch
Browse By Themes
Tickets :Theme ParksMuseumsZoos & AquariumWater ParksReligious SitesLandmarksCity PassesTours :Walking ToursGuided ToursHop-On Hop-Off ToursCity ToursPrivate ToursTransportation :Attraction TransfersCruises :Sightseeing CruisesDinner CruisesLunch CruisesFood & Drink :Dining ExperiencesFood ToursCooking ClassesDay Trips :Nearby CitiesEntertainment :OperaCabaretsBalletsWater Sports :Yacht ToursSpecials :CombosComing Soon
Are day trips from Paris worth it?
Yes. France is peppered with beautiful towns and villages that are home to grand landmarks, an abundance of greenery, and tales of power and defeat seeping through every unturned stone. Going for a day tour from Paris should definitely be on every traveler's bucket list to tour through the country's history and culture. Within the span of a couple of hours, you would get to visit unique destinations such as Versailles, Loire Valley, Mont Saint Michel and many others and discover whole new world. Escape the hustle and bustle of the city for just a day or two and explore new locations in France.
What are the top day trip destinations from Paris?
There are several beautiful destinations outside Paris that are worth a visit. Your top options are day trips to Versailles, Giverny, Loire Valley, Normandy, Champagne, and Mont Saint Michel.
- Versailles: Probably the most popular destination from Paris, Versailles is located just under an hour away and is home to the magnificent Palace of Versailles, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. On a Paris to Versailles tour, visit the magnificent palace and its gardens for insight into one of the most opulent landmarks in the world.
- Giverny: Located about 1.5 hours from Paris, the little town of Giverny is where Impressionist artist Monet lived and worked. Visit his home and workshop, art museums, beautiful chateau's and more on a Paris to Giverny day tour.
- Loire Valley: Popularly referred to as the 'Garden of France', Loire Valley is a sight for sore eyes with its lush vineyards, orchards, gardens, and fields. More importantly, on a day trip from Paris to Loire Valley, you would be able to visit a myriad of historic chateaus' which once served as forts for the French royalty.
- Normandy: This town's historic significance goes beyond WWII, narrating tales of vikings, betrayals, and battle for power between the English and French. Discover its history through memorial grounds, cathedrals, museums and more, on a D-Day and Normandy tour.
- Champagne: About two hours from Paris lies the beguiling wine region of Champagne. Comprising 5 districts, the region produces and distributes the world's best champagne. Immerse yourself in nature at olden vineyards, cathedrals, and palaces on a Paris to Champagne day tour.
- Mont Saint Michel: One of France's most beloved destinations, Mont Saint Michel is a culturally rich island about 4 hours from Paris. Amidst the renowned landmarks, don't miss out on the awe-inspiring Abbey on a Paris to Mont Saint Michel day trip.
Which are the closest destinations for a day trip from Paris?
The closest day trips from Paris are:
- Versailles - 45 minutes away
- Loire Valley - 2 hours away
- Giverny - 1.5 hours away
- Champagne: 2 hours away
- Normandy: 3 hours away
Do day trips from Paris include transport?
Yes, most day trips from Paris include return transfers. Depending on the experience you choose, you'll be picked up from either your hotel or a common meeting point in the city, taken for the day trip on a luxury AC coach, and dropped back.
Do day trips from Paris include meals?
Some day trips from Paris may include meals and snacks, while others may not. You can find these inclusions under each experience and book your preferred tour accordingly. The tours that offer meals include French appetizers, main course, and dessert.
How far are the top day trip destinations from Paris?
Let's look at the top three destinations from Paris:
- Loire Valley
Distance: 207-213 km, depending on the route taken
Travel time: 2 hours 30 minutes - 3 hours (one way)
Day tour duration: 12 hours
Distance: 23-33 km, depending on the route taken
Travel time: Under 1 hour (one way)
Tour duration: 6-9 hours
- Mont Saint Michel
Distance: 375-367 km, depending on the route taken
Travel time: 4.5 hours (one way)
Tour duration: 12-14 hours
What is included in my day trip from Paris?
Your day trip would include return transfers, a knowledgeable tour guide, and entry tickets to attractions. Most day trip experiences include a knowledgeable tour guide who will accompany you throughout your journey and give you detailed insight into various landmarks and the region. You'll travel on a luxurious AC coach that, depending on your experience, will pick you up from your hotel or a common meeting point. You'll also get entry into top attractions at your destination. Additionally, you may also be served delicious meals as part of your tour.
How do I travel from Paris by train?
Most regions, towns and villages around Paris are easily accessible by train. Here's how to get to some popular destinations:
- Versailles: The main stations at Versailles are Versailles Château - Rive Gauche Train Station, Versailles Chantiers Train Station, and Versailles Rive Droite Train Station. The most common option is taking the RER C train from Paris
- Giverny: Take the train from Gare Saint-Lazare to Vernon, and then take a taxi or shuttle to Giverny.
- Loire Valley: The most-visited chateau's in the Loire Valley are Amboise, Blois, Orleans, and Tours. Take the TGV from either Montparnasse or Austerlitz stations in Paris to get to your destinations.
- Champagne: Take the TGV to Épernay or Champagne-Ardenne stations.
- Normandy: From Paris Saint-Lazare station, alight at Caen train station if you aim to go for a D-Day tour. For an all-round experience in Normandy, get off at Bayeaux station.
- Mont Saint Michel: The easiest way is to take a train to Rennes and then take a shuttle or taxi to Mont Saint Michel. Alternatively, you can take the TGV from Paris Montparnasse to Dol-de-Bretagne station, which is about 30 km away, and then take a taxi to Mont Saint Michel.
What route should I take to top destinations?
Road connectivity in France is convenient for those looking to travel by road. Here are the routes to follow for top day trip destinations:
- Versailles: It would take you 53 minutes to reach by Route A13, and about 1 hour via A86
- Giverny: It would take 1 hour and 22 minutes to reach Giverny from Paris via A14 and A13
- Loire Valley: The shortest route would be via N20 and A10, about 2 hours 45 minutes of travel time. Alternatively, it would take you 2 hours 25 minutes to reach via A10
- Champagne: Get to the region via A4 to reach in just about 2 hours
- Normandy: It should take under 3 hours to get to Normandy via routes A13 or N12
- Mont Saint Michel: Route A11 would take about 4.5 hours, while Route 13 would take 4 hours 20 minutes
What should I pack for a day trip from Paris?
A few essentials to pack for your day trip:
- A backpack with your ID, credit card, charging cable
- A water bottle
- Light jacket, sweater or raincoat (depending on the season you plan to travel)
- A power bank
- Comfortable shoes
- Confirmed booking on phone or a physical copy
The world on your tap!Get the Headout app to get tickets on your phone and access app-only deals. Talk about win-win.