Day Trip to the Swiss Alps by Bernina Express from Milan
Experience one of the most magical train routes, Bernina Express, and discover the wonderful Swiss Alps. Explore the fascinating town of St.Moritz, dubbed, ‘The Top of the World’ and take in the Swiss town famous for its cafes and chocolatiers. An experience which gives you the best of natural scenic beauty and an adventure in an alpine wonderland, this is an experience you cannot miss.
- Enjoy a day-out of Milan with your family and friends and visit the Alps, one of the greatest natural features the Earth has to offer
- Rail tour from Milan aboard the Bernina Express, one-of-the world’s most picturesque train routes which wind through the Swiss Alps and mountain passes
- Explore the Alps on a thrilling adventure that takes you the fascinating town of St. Moritz, ‘The Top of the World’
- A professional guide will be with you through the journey providing commentary on the sites you see and the region in general.
- Return to Milan by an air-conditioned coach. Take in the breathtaking scenery all around you as you make your way back.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
A testament to engineering work completed more than a century ago, the Bernina Express was designed to conquer the majestic Alps and its surreal scenery. Popularly called ‘The Little Red Train’, the Bernina Pass route has a UNESCO World Heritage status owing to its magnificent beauty and mesmerizing experience it provides. Undoubtedly, one of the most picturesque journeys by rail, this route appeals to everyone who has ever been on it.
On this experience which takes you across international borders, you’ll also be able to learn about the region with a local guide. Around a 12-hour experience, each minute of which is exciting, relaxing and charming, this tour is a must-do activity in Milan and the perfect day trip from Milan, where you can enjoy the unparalleled beauty of nature and take in magical sights that most don’t ever get to experience in their lives.
Hop aboard the Bernina Express in Milan and prepare yourself for a visual journey unlike any other. The speed of the train, the magic of the landscape and the beauty of the route all combine to give you the perfect rail experience. Snake through the Swiss Alps in a thrilling ride that takes you across the palms of Tirano, over the breathtaking spiral Brusio viaduct, through the Bernina Pass and more. With plunging gorges, glaciers, soaring bridges and looping tunnels, this train journey is an experience which makes you feel rejuvenated and recharged.
The destination of this journey is as pretty as the UNESCO World Heritage route. St. Moritz, an alpine wonderland, is famous for its Swiss luxuries. Stroll through the quaint streets and take in the tempting cafes and chocolate houses on your way to the lake. After spending some time taking in the city and its sights, it's time to board an air-conditioned coach back to Milan. Don’t worry, the route this time is equally scenic and will offer you plenty of mesmerizing visuals.
Through the journey, your guide will be providing commentary on the sights you see and will narrate stories from the region. You can also ask your guide for suggestions on activities you can do, dining options or anything else you might have in mind.
- Bernina Express Second Class Ticket from Milan to St. Moritz
- A/C coach transfer from St. Moritz to Milan
- Services of a professional English speaking guide
Know Before You Go
From 1st of April to 31st October
Tour in English only: Every Tuesday and Friday
Tour in English & Spanish: Every Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
Tour in English & Portuguese: Every Wednesday
From 1st of November to 31st of March
Tour in English only: Every Tuesday and Thursday
Tour in English & Spanish: Every Saturday and Sunday
The tour starts at 7 AM and goes on for a duration of 13 hours. Please arrive at least 15-20 minutes prior to ensure a hassle-free boarding process. You should be back in Milan by 8:30 PM.
The meeting point of this tour is at Largo Cairoli 18, at the corner with Via Cusani. (MM1 Cairoli - MM2 Lanza)
Please wear comfortable walking shoes and warm clothing as it remains pretty cold in St. Moritz all-year long.
- All customers are required to carry their passport/travel document with them on this tour. In addition, it is customer’s responsibility to ensure they have the correct Visa to enter Switzerland.
- Customers holding passports from a non-EU country will need a Schengen Visa which they can obtain on entry to an EU country. Without the correct Visa, customers will not be allowed to enter Switzerland.
Individuals aged between 4-11 are requested to book the children’s ticket.
The Bernina Express Train - One Day Trip to the Swiss Alps from Milan tickets are valid only for the date from which you’ve scheduled the booking.
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be canceled or refunded.
How To Use Your Ticket
You will receive an email with the Bernina Express Train - One Day Trip to the Swiss Alps from Milan ticket voucher shortly. No need to print. Simply display the e-voucher to the tour guide at the meeting point of the tour (Largo Cairoli 18, at the corner with Via Cusani) and join the tour group.
Not sure about your dates?
Book now, save 30% & go whenever.