The Enchantment of the Ligurian Coast: Cinque Terre and Portovenere - Small Group Tour by Luxury Mini Van
Warrant a lifetime of exploring along the magnificent stretch of the Ligurian coastline. Visit the fabled cliffs of Cinque Terre and its sleepy fishermen villages, and enjoy an hour long cruise to Portovenere, famously known as the ‘Bay of Poets.’
- Travel in a luxurious minivan from Florence to the beautiful rugged coastline of Liguria, famous for its poets, movie stars, super yachts, and of course, the magnificent Cinque Terre.
- Discover three out of five ingeniously constructed fishing villages that make up Cinque Terre: Manarola, Riomaggiore, Vernazza.
- See the ancient beauty of Portovener for yourself, and feel poetic, as you explore its narrow streets, visit major landmarks, and walk along the cliffs that offer spectacular sights!
- Enjoy a soothing hour long cruise between Vernazza and Portovenere and soak in the rugged sights from sea.
- Hotel pick-up for those staying at hotels centrally located
- Admission to Cinque Terre
- Transportation in a Luxury Minivan
- Boat trip ticket
- English-speaking driver guide
The tour departs at 8 AM from Florence
11 hours 30 minutes
flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
The charm of the Ligurian coastline lies in its mountains, draped with terraced vineyards and olive groves speckled with beautiful old villages. Because of its narrow coastal strip, the views along the drive are far more intimate and extraordinary. With fleeting bursts of daylight between tunnels, the Italian Riviera lines up some of the most astonishing views in Italy.
Your tour will begin at the sleepy village of Riomaggiore in the Cinque Terre region, with its narrow cobbled streets lined with tower houses. Famous for its vineyards dating back to the 12th century, this village offers stunning vistas of the Ligurian coast. From here, you will take the train to Manarola. This village is surrounded by vines that cling to seaside cliffs. Famous for its sweet Sciacchetrà wine, it's also full of priceless medieval relics, supporting claims that it is the oldest of the five villages that make up the Cinque Terre. Continue on to Vernazza, the second village that is probably the steepest and quaintest of them all. Lined with little cafes, cobbled streets, and outbursts of the sea at every corner, this village is the jewel of Cinque Terre. Here, you can indulge in the local cuisine and explore its many shops.
From Vernazza, your journey will continue on a boat to Portovenere. The moment your eyes set on the picturesque harbor surrounded by a wall of colorful buildings, you will fall in love. Portovenere became famous due to the many poets and authors who took interest in it, seeking it out for refuge and inspiration. This gem of a town boasts a unique landscape and is rich in history and art. Take a walk along the sea shore and explore shops selling local handicrafts. Visit the Gothic Church of San Pietro, surrounded by blue waters from three sides and perched high upon a rock. Marvel at the medieval sculptures of Collegiate of San Lorenzo and Castello Doria which overlooks the Bay of Poets. Although a steep climb to get there, the effort is totally worth it!
know before you go
- A minimum of 4 passengers are required to conduct this tour.
- The driver-guide leads the tour while providing general introductory information. He is not allowed to lead a guided visit inside the city center, nor to provide any historical and artistic context.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes.
- Boats do not operate in bad weather conditions and when the sea is rough. On these occasions transfers between towns will be done by local coastal train or by minivan.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly. Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the time of redemption.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your driver at Piazza della Repubblica, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy.
- Your pick up point is in front of Gilli Cafè.
- The cafe is located in the square where there is a carousel called Antica Giostra Toscana.
- Landmark : Gilli Cafè is right opposite Hotel Savoy.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Caffè Gilli
Getting To Piazza della Repubblica
- These Train lines stop near Piazza Della Repubblica: FIRENZE - PISTOIA - LUCCA - VIAREGGIO.
- These Bus lines stop near Piazza Della Repubblica: 22, 301 A, 37, 6, C1.
These tickets are valid for the date and time chosen during purchase.