Mount Stanserhorn Day Trip From Zürich Including Funicular Train & Open Top Cable Car
- A full-day tour sprinkled with fun-filled Swiss adventures makes your day memorable.
- Delve in the beauty of Mount Stanserhorn, a mountain tucked away in the Swiss countryside.
- Enjoy spectacular scenery as you venture through the Albis Pass and along Lake Lucerne.
- Ride a vintage funicular train through the blooming meadows to Mount Stanserhorn.
- The world’s first CabriO cable car will take you to the top of Mount Stanserhorn, at 1,900 meters high.
- Enjoy lavish views of lakes, mountain ranges, and countrysides from the summit.
- Visit Marmot park or have a treat at the revolving Rondorama restaurant if you please.
- Spend some leisure time exploring Lucerne before boarding the coach back to Zurich.
- This tour is available in English, Spanish, and German.
- Partly-guided tour by expert tour guide
- Transfers on a comfortable coach
- Vintage funicular train ride
- Ride on the world's first CabriO cable car
- Train ticket Stans-Lucerne
- Food & beverages
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Discover the magnificent Mount Stanserhorn a mountain located in the heart of the sweeping Swiss countryside on this full-day tour. Enjoy a scenic coach journey from Zurich through the beautiful countrysides and along the sparkling shores of Lake Lucerne. A photo stop at the Lion Monument or Lake Lucerne lets you bask in the vibrant atmosphere of this charming town. Spend some time exploring the Old Town before continuing on to Stans, where you'll board a vintage funicular train. Zoom through blooming meadows to the valley station of the world’s first CabriO cable car.
This Swiss engineering masterpiece is an open-top aerial cable car that takes you up to Mount Stanserhorn that stands at a towering 1,900 meters! Enjoy unaltered views from the roofless upper deck of the gondola. One atop, watch as remarkable panoramic views unravel: endless lakes, kilometers of the Alpine mountain range, and three countries. Hike to the peak for even better views, and a chance to visit the Marmot park if you wish. The revolving Rondorama restaurant is available in case you wish to sample some Swiss dishes. Descend back to Stans and board a public train back to Lucerne for some more leisure time here. You'll then take the coach back to Zurich in the evening, where your tour officially ends.
know before you go
This ticket has the following variants that you can choose from:
- English-Guided Tour
- Spanish-Guided Tour
- German-Guided Tour
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Contactless payments and online bookings are required.
- Guests may be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to wear face masks.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- The ascent and descent at Mt. Stanserhorn and the train ride back to Lucerne are unguided. For this part, guests will receive schedules and detailed written information.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the vehicle.
- Bring along valid photo IDs or your passports.
- This tour is operational between the months of May & October.
- Operates on Saturdays & Sundays.
Infants 5yrs and below go free. Ages 6-15yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your tour guide at the Sihlquai Coach Parking (or Bus Terminal).
- This is located close to Zürich’s main train station.
- You'll find a white ticket office marked “Best of Switzerland Tours” or “City Tours & Excursions”.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.