Day Trip To Lucerne & Engelberg: Typical Alpine Village From Zürich
Travel to the postcard-perfect town of Lucerne and the idyllic alpine village Engelberg. On this full-day tour from Zürich, you will also have time for a hike on one of the beautiful trails in the gorgeous surroundings and stroll through its picturesque streets!
- Admire picturesque views on your drive to the lovely city of Lucerne
- There will be a pitstop at Lake Lucerne or the Lion Monument along the way
- Tour Engelberg, a charming Swiss village located just an hour away from Lucerne
- Enter the cheese factory and see the famous 12th century Engelberg Monastery
- Go on a short hike in the Alps before heading back to Zurich via Lucerne
- Choose between English, Spanish, and German-speaking guides
- Partly guided tour by an expert English, Spanish or German-speaking guide
- Transportation in a comfortable coach
- Personal expenses
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Your journey takes you on a scenic route across the Albis Pass, towards the enchanting landscapes along the shores of the Lake of the Four Cantons. Enjoy the drive to Lucerne as your guide points out famous landmarks along the way, and tells you fascinating stories about Swiss history. There will also be a photo stop en route before you reach Lucerne. Here, your guide will give you a brief orientation as you pass by the town's main attractions. See the Chapel Bridge, the Town Hall, the Jesuit Chuch, as well as the Culture and Congress Center. You will even have some time to explore the town by yourself. Go souvenir shopping or explore the Old Town on your own.
Later, your tour will take you to Engelberg, a Swiss alpine village located in the sunny basin under the north face of Mt. Titlis. The village is surrounded by majestic mountains, and was originally founded by Benedictine monks. In fact, their Baroque-style monastery (it's home to the largest organ in Switzerland) still dominates the center of the village. Spend time strolling around the village, and checking out the monastery and its cheese-making facilities. If you're looking for more adventure, go hiking on one of the well-prepared trails in the surroundings. You will have approximately three hours to do this. By late afternoon, you will return to Zurich via Lucerne.
know before you go
know before you go
This ticket has the following options you can choose from:
- English Guided Tour
- Spanish Guided Tour
- German Guided Tour
- The tour is lead by an expert guide from Zürich to Engelberg and from Engelberg to Zürich. For the stay in Engelberg, you will receive detailed written information
- Baggage is allowed on board
- The tour is pram/stroller accessible
Infants aged 0-5yrs go for free. Children aged 6-15yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Meet your tour guide at the Sihlquai Coach Parking (or Bus Terminal)
- This is located close to Zürich’s main train station
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout