Sunset Trip To Cape Sounion & Temple of Poseidon
Revel in an exceptional guided tour of Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon with full round-trip transfers from Athens!
- Explore the sumptuous Temple of Poseidon perched at the tip of Cape Sounion.
- Accompany an expert English or Greek-speaking guide to learn more about the monument.
- Enjoy pick-up and drop-off services in a luxurious air-conditioned vehicle.
- Bask in unparalleled panoramic views of Sounion from the southeastern peak.
- Soak in the jaw-droppingly brilliant sunset over the Aegean Sea.
- Round-trip transfer from Athens
- Transportation by luxury air-conditioned bus
- English-speaking archaeologist guide
- Wi-Fi on the bus
- Basic travel insurance
- Entrance fee to the archaeological site of Sounion (€10)
- Personal expenses
- Guided tour of archaeological sites
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Your tour will begin at the Halandri Metro station in Athens. You will meet your tour guide aboard the air-conditioned tour bus. Since the bus departs at 5:30 PM, you will reach the cape just in time to catch the enchanting sunset. Your guide will tell you several intriguing facts and myths about Cape Sounion. It’s interesting to note that Sounion is also mentioned in Homer’s legendary epic, The Odyssey.
The Temple of Poseidon was a popular destination for famous poets and writers from across the world. The English poet Lord Byron is said to have left his signature on the temple marble nearly two centuries ago. Once you are done exploring the temple, spend a few tranquil moments on the coast, watching the sun disappear below the horizon. On your way back, you can visit Athens Riviera and walk along the promenade. Several of the charming waterfront cafes are certainly worth a visit.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat - 5:30pm
- The entrance fee to archeological sites is NOT included with the ticket price. It costs 10 EUR to enter the archeological site of Sounion.
- Entrance to the archeological sites is free for guests under the age of 18. It is also free for university students belonging to institutes of EU member states. Students from outside the European Union and citizens over the age of 65 enjoy a 50% reduction in admission fees. From 1st November to 31st March, the general admission fee is 5 EUR.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes. A hat might be a useful accessory as well, especially in summer.
- Infants aged 2 and under go free. Children aged 3-12 enjoy reduced ticket prices (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo. ID proof for verification
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10-15 minutes before the scheduled time to avoid delays.
- Meet your trip attendant Outside the Halandri Metro Station (Blue Line)
Once you are at Halandri Metro Station, follow the exit “To Vrilissia” and meet your trip attendant outside the station.
Address: Doukissis Plakentias, Chalandri 152 34, Greece.
- The Halandri Metro Station (Blue Line) is a 20-minute ride from Athens Syntagma.
- By Bus- Bus stop F.Chalandri Metro is just opposite to the meeting point. Buses 405, 450, 460 will bring you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during the booking.