Imax Sydney Tickets
- Enjoy an unforgettable IMAX experience in Sydney at the newly revamped theater.
- Catch your favorite films on the world’s biggest screen.
- Featuring the latest digital projection system and sound technology, buckle up for an immersive theater experience!
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
what to expect
what to expect
What is Imax Sydney
IMAX is a system of film projectors, formats, high-resolution cameras, and theaters that are known for having a tall aspect ratio and very steep seating. This results in a completely immersive theater experience. The film format used is ten times larger than the traditional format and offers far greater resolutions than that offered by traditional 35mm film and other digital projection systems.
IMAX Sydney is all set to have a makeover, and the new building is all set to open in 2021! Featuring the latest IMAX technology, a thoroughly immersive experience awaits the audience!
Why Visit Imax Sydney
The all-new IMAX Theater Sydney is built on the site of the older theater. There are a total of 430 seats available at the theater, which features the latest IMAX laser projection system and the world’s biggest theater screen. The all-new IMAX Sydney is present next to a 588 room 5-star hotel, along with 20,000 square meters of retail stores and dining destinations. The all-new IMAX Sydney is part of the Ribbon, a new development that has transformed the Sydney skyline in the past few years.
Here is a look at some of the technology that makes IMAX what it is.
DMR (Digital Remastering)
Invented by the IMAX corporation, digital remastering helps adjust the saturation, contrast, brightness, and numerous other details that ensure every frame is at its best.
One of the highlights of the IMAX experience is the sound. The power of the custom speaker system for an IMAX theater is unmatched, giving viewers a visceral sound experience. The Digital Remastering process improves the sound quality, such that it captures its entire dynamic range, giving a clearer and crisper result.
Featuring state-of-the-art projection technology, IMAX brings improved clarity, precision, and perfection to the image quality. Having remained at the top of the industry for over 40years, IMAX is continuously focused on implementing new technologies and features that improve the viewing experience.
In addition to being bigger, the screen is also shaped differently, which offers an immersive experience to viewers regardless of where they sit. The material of the screen itself is brighter and more reflective. Unlike traditional theaters, the seating in an IMAX theater ensures that the entire audience feels as if they are part of the action.
know before you go
know before you go
Imax Sydney ticket prices are yet to be revealed (stay tuned)!
How To Get To Imax Sydney
- Imax Sydney is located at 31 Wheat Rd, Darling Harbour NSW 2000, Australia
- By Bus: The Sydney Explorer bus stops right in front of Imax Sydney. If you are taking the public bus, you can get off at Bathurst, Druitt, or York Street stops.
- By Light Rail: Get off at Town Hall Station using lines L2 or L3. The destination is a 5-minute walk from here. Walk down Bathurst or Druitt Street and cross the footbridge to reach Imax Sydney.
- By Train: Get off at Town Hall Station using lines T1, T2, T3, T4, T5, T6, T7, T8, T9, South Coast Line, or Central Coast and Newcastle Line. Walk down Bathurst or Druitt Street and cross the footbridge to reach Imax Sydney.
Things to See Around Imax Sydney
Located adjacent to Sydney’s city center, Darling Harbour is a major pedestrian and recreational precinct. It is home to numerous attractions such as SEA LIFE Aquarium, the Harbourside Shopping Center, Tumbalong Park, Powerhouse Museum, Madame Tussauds, and more. Stunning views of the Sydney skyline are possible from here, and it makes for an especially pretty sight at night.
SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium
Featuring over 700 species of aquatic life, and home to more than 13,000 aquatic creatures, SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium is one of the city’s highlights. The aquarium features 7 major exhibits and takes visitors through the marine ecosystems and waterways of Australia. Emphasis is put on the unique aquatic life and environment of Australia. You can see little penguins, 10-feet long sharks, dugongs, and several other rare aquatic species!
The Sydney Tower is the tallest structure in Sydney and the second tallest observation deck in the entire Southern Hemisphere. The tower stands at a massive 305 meters in height and is one of the most iconic landmarks of the city. It can be seen from numerous vantage points around Sydney. There is an observation deck about 279 meters above ground level, known as the Sydney Tower Skywalk, where you catch stunning panoramic views of the city.
- All guests and staff will undergo a mandatory temperature check on arrival at the attraction.
- Touch-free hand sanitation stations present throughout the attraction.
- All guests and staff are required to wear a face mask covering their nose and mouth at all times.
- Guests are required to maintain a minimum of 3 meters between themselves
- Enhanced and frequent cleaning of each floor of the venue throughout the day.