Dubrovnik City Walls Tour
Travel back in time to the golden days of old Dubrovnik as you walk its ancient walls with an expert guide. Built over a period of hundred years, the imposing complex of white stone protected the people and the wealth of the Republic of Ragusa, the ancient city-state of Dubrovnik.
- This two-hour walking tour takes you along the entire perimeter of the walls of Dubrovnik
- Capture the breathtaking sights high above the shiny main thoroughfare
- Take in spectacular views of the old city port, the church domes, and the red roofs of the Old Town
- Climb up the highest point of the walls, the imposing Minčeta fort, and learn about its military importance
- Your guide will also tell you the importance of the forts Bokar, the mighty Lovrijenac, St. John's and Revelin
- Licensed English speaking tour guide
- Tickets for the walls
superflexible cancellation policy
You can get a full refund for the cancellation of this ticket up to 48 hours before the booked time.
Back in the 9th century, Dubrovnik was under siege by the Saracens. This siege was only lifted thanks to the Byzantine imperial fleet. When the military history of Europe changed with the introduction of firearms, you will discover how the master builders and architects of the city adapted the walls of Dubrovnik in the face of the deadly new firepower.
Your guide will tell you about how this strong fortification system was built and who its enemies were back in the day. Find out what it was about Dubrovnik that made everybody want to control it, and how the city-state managed to stay away from most of the brutal wars using our skillful diplomacy. Interestingly, the city managed to balance its relations between the West and the East through diplomatic connections with Venice and the Ottoman Empire.
The city walls tour also covers the history of Dubrovnik from the French occupation in the early 19th century through the Austrian government to the period of the First World War and WW2. One thing is for sure - there is no place more suitable to talk about this history than the city walls, a testament of Dubrovnik's heritage.
know before you go
- This tour involves lots of walking. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes
- The tour is recommended for people with walking difficulties, there are many stairs to climb
- Wear light clothing. Bring sunscreen, a hat and a bottle of water with you, especially in summer.
- Tickets for the walls are not included. They must be paid separately at the entrance, in cash or by credit card, or purchased online in advance.
- The cost of the city walls ticket for 2020 is 200 Kn per person (adult ticket) or 50 Kn (students under 18 and students with a valid International Student Card - ISIC or European Youth Card). From 19 May to 30 June the ticket costs 50 HRK per person (adult ticket). Residents of Dubrovnik-Neretva County are entitled to free admission to the city walls.
- Your voucher will be sent to you by email instantly
- Please show the voucher on your mobile phone and show it to the tour guide with a valid photo ID.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before tour start time to avoid delays
- Meet your tour guide in the square in front of the Revelin Fortress, near the Ploče Gate, the eastern entrance to the Old Town
- Look for the guide who holds the flag standing next to the cannon in the corner of the square.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Revelin Fortress
Directions to the meeting point
This ticket is valid on the date selected at checkout