Royal Castle of Amboise Priority Entrance
Benefit from a priority entrance to the Royal Castle of Amboise, located on the banks of the Loire River. Enjoy the most beautiful panorama of the Loire Valley, discover the palace. of the kings of France during the Renaissance and pay homage to Leonardo da Vinci, who rests in the chapel of the castle.
- Skip the lines at the ticket office with priority entry to the royal castle of Amboise.
- Discover the latest HistoPad technology with 3D reconstructions of the Logis (included in the entrance fee).
- Admire the late Gothic and early Renaissance architecture of the castle, as well as an extensive collection of furniture representing the pinnacle of French luxury.
- Visit the tomb of Leonardo da Vinci in the castle's chapel.
- Stroll through the gardens in search of traveling plants and over 80 species of birds.
Step into the world of royalty by visiting the Royal Castle of Amboise, a stunning castle on the banks of the Loire river. The architecture of this picturesque castle, a classic representation of late Gothic and early Renaissance architecture, will leave you in awe. With your priority access, you can skip the long ticket lines and gain direct entry to the castle, where the lifestyles and secrets of the French court will be revealed to you.
Learn about the kings who reigned from the castle at the dawn of the Renaissance, as well as the other members of the French court and artists who were invited to stay in the medieval fortress. See first-hand how extravagant their lives were by admiring the extensive collection of Gothic and Renaissance furniture within the castle. One of the most notable guests at the Amboise Castle was Leonardo da Vinci, who you can pay respects to in the castle’s chapel, where he lies to rest.
Thanks to the latest innovations in the field of augmented reality, the HistoPad© offers you the opportunity to rediscover, in situ, spaces that have now disappeared and to immerse yourself in historical atmospheres: royal audiences and banquets, the seat of the ramparts and battle, construction sites, diving into the jails...the journey is open to all! End your visit with a walk in the sublime gardens, classified as "Remarkable Gardens" in 2017, overlooking the Loire, a river classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Priority entry to the Royal Castle of Amboise
- Guided tour
Know Before You Go
You can visit the Royal Castle of Amboise at any point within the opening hours on the date that you select while booking (the last entry is an hour before the castle closes). The Amboise Castle is open every day of the year, except for on the 25th of December and the 1st of January. The opening hours are as follows:
- January 1 - 7: 9:00 am - 4:45 pm; January 8 - 31: 9:00 am - 12:30 pm & 2:00 pm - 4:45 pm
- February: 9:00 am - 12:30 pm & 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
- March: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
- April - June: 9:00 am - 6:30 pm
- July- August: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
- September- October: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- November 2 - 15: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm; November 16 - 30: 9:00 am - 12:30 pm & 2:00 pm - 4:45 pm
- December 1 - 24: 9:00 am - 12:30 pm & 2:00 pm - 4:45 pm; December 26 - 31: 9:00 am - 4:45 pm
Reduced Price Tickets
Tickets for children (aged 7-17) are available for a reduced price. Children under the age of 7 can enter for free.
By Car: It is about 2 hours and 15 minutes drive from the center of Paris to Amboise.
By Train: It is a 2.5- to 3-hour journey to travel by train from Paris to the Royal Castle of Amboise. Please note that it is a 17-minute walk from the train station (Gare d’Amboise) to the castle.
The Royal Castle of Amboise is accessible for those with impaired mobility. Please contact the ticket office prior to your visit to arrange parking and access to the castle.
Strict Cancellation Policy
This experience cannot be cancelled, amended or refunded.
How To Redeem Your Tickets
You will receive your Royal Castle of Amboise Priority Entrance voucher shortly via email. On the day of your experience, please show your voucher on your mobile phone, along with a valid photo ID, at the entrance of the castle.
Your Royal Castle of Amboise Priority Entrance ticket is only valid for the date that is selected while booking.