Chenonceau Castle Priority Entrance
Gain priority access to Château Chenonceau, a stunning castle on the banks of the Cher river. Admire the iconic Renaissance architecture and interior which perfectly portrays the lifestyle of those who used to live there. Feel like a royal as you stroll through the living quarters, the gardens, and the gallery bridge that spans over the Cher river, with an audio guide to assist you along the way (optional).
- Skip the ticket lines and gain priority entry to the Chenonceau Castle.
- Admire the late Gothic and early Renaissance architecture of the stunning castle, featuring an elegant gallery bridge that spans over the Cher river.
- See the royal quarters, including the bedrooms, the guard’s rooms, the chapel and the gallery, and admire the vast collection of exquisite tapestries, paintings and furniture.
- Stroll through the extensive royal gardens located alongside the Cher river.
- Explore the castle at your own leisure or with the help of an audio guide (optional).
Priority entry to the Chenonceau Castle
Strict Cancellation Policy
This experience cannot be cancelled, amended or refunded.
Visit Château Chenonceau, an elegant white castle built on the piers of an old mill in the famous Loire Valley region. Chenonceau is a stunning representation of late Gothic and early Renaissance architecture, featuring a long gallery bridge that spans over the Cher river. Skip the long ticket lines and gain direct entry to the castle with your priority entry tickets. Explore Chenonceau at your own leisure, or opt for an audio guide to listen to as you wander through the castle.
Also known as the “Ladies’ Château” because of the notorious women who built, decorated, restored and maintained it throughout the centuries, Chenonceau boasts a fascinating royal history that dates back to the 13th century. Feel like true royalty as you stroll through the castles’ rooms, which are lavishly decorated with exquisite tapestries, paintings and furniture. See the guard’s room, where men-at-arms were constantly on duty to protect the royal family, the Chapel with its stunning stained glass windows, and the royal bedrooms, study, library, and kitchens. Stroll through the gallery, a magnificent ballroom with 18 floor-to-ceiling windows and a slate-tile floor.
Round off your visit with a walk through the extensive royal gardens alongside the Cher river, featuring a maze, a 16th century farm, a carriage gallery, and a vegetable and flower garden. With its elegant gallery bridge, Renaissance architecture, lavishly decorated interior and extensive gardens, a visit to Château Chenonceau offers an unforgettable glimpse into the luxurious lives of the French royals.
Know Before You Go
This experience is available in two variants: priority entrance with anytime entry, and priority entrance with anytime entry + an audio guide. Please select which variant you prefer when you book your tickets.
Château Chenonceau is open every day of the year and you can visit the castle at any point within the opening hours on the date that you select while booking. The last entry is half an hour before closing time. The opening hours are as follows:
- 1 January - 8 February: 9:30 am until 5:00 pm
- 9 February - 5 April: 9:30 am until 5:00 pm
- 6 April - 29 May: 9:00 am until 6:00 pm
- 30 May - 5 July: 9:00 am until 7:00 pm
- 6 July - 18 August: 9:00 am until 7:30 pm
- 19 August - 29 September: 9:00 am until 7:00 pm
- 30 September - 11 November: 9:00 am until 6:00 pm
- 12 November - 20 December: 9:30 am until 4:30 pm
- 21- 31 December: 9:30 am until 5:30 pm
The following holiday weekends have specific opening hours:
- Easter (20 - 22 April): 9:00 am until 7:00 pm
- Labor Day (27 April until 12 May): 9:00 am until 7:00 pm
- Ascension (30 May until 2 June): 9:00 am until 7:00 pm
Reduced Price Tickets
Tickets for priority entry (without audioguide), are available for a reduced price for children 7 and younger. Tickets for priority entry with an audio guide are available for a reduced price for children 12 and younger.
Château Chenonceau is 214 km outside of Paris, at 37150 Chenonceaux. The best way to reach the castle from Paris is by car or by train.
By Car: Take the A10 “Aquitaine” and take exit Blois or Amboise. It is about a 2 hour drive from Paris.
By Train: It takes about 2 hours and 15 minutes to reach Chenonceau from Paris by train. Take the T.G.V. Paris-Montmartre or Paris-Aéroport Roissy-CDG to the station Saint-Pierre-des-Corps. From there, take the regional train (TER) to Chenonceaux. It is about a 2 minute walk from the station to the castle.
The Chenonceau castle is wheelchair accessible. People with reduced mobility can book a wheelchair free of charge (when doing so, they will be asked to leave an ID as a deposit).
How To Redeem Your Tickets
You will receive your Chenonceau Castle Priority Entrance voucher shortly via email. On the day of your experience, please show your voucher on your mobile phone, along with a valid photo ID, at the entrance of the castle.
Your Chenonceau Castle Priority Entrance ticket is only valid for the date that is selected while booking.