Garden of Lights 2021 at Chaumont-sur-Loire
Stroll through the magical gardens, part of the International Garden Festival at the Chateau sur Loire!
- Take a poetic stroll through the gardens of the Chateau Chaumont in the Loire Valley.
- An international event, the Garden Festival is a must-see event, devoted to creation and nature.
- 2021's theme is Biomimicry, and the aim is to restore nature to its place at the heart of human projects.
- Entry to Gardens of Lights 2021
strict cancellation policy
Cannot be canceled, amended, or rescheduled.
For 29 years now, Chateau Chaumont in the Loire Valley has played host to landscape designers and gardeners worldwide as part of its annual International Garden Festival competition. Every year, gardeners set out to design a small plot of land based on the theme decided by the chateau. For 2021, the theme is Biomimicry. From the silk of spiders to the tendrils of the Virginia creeper, there are so many ways to take a leaf out of nature's book and apply its techniques to the garden. 24 landscape designers have been chosen for the competition and their creations may include fountains, pavilions, ponds, and other temporary structures.
With this ticket, you get to see the outdoor sculpture and art show on the magnificent chateau grounds. The festival begins just as night falls (10 PM), and the gardens take on new dimensions, highlighted by the uniquely positioned LED lighting. The colors, fragrances, and reflections create a mysterious and romantic ambiance.
know before you go
Anyone aged 18 and above must present one of the three health proofs. You will also be asked for the health pass upon arrival at the checkpoint at each entrance to the Estate. The health pass can be presented in paper format with QR Code, in PDF format, or with the “TousAntiCovid” application. Access to the Domaine de Chaumont sur Loire (international garden festival, castle, gardens of light) will therefore be possible on condition of presenting one of the following supporting documents:
- Proof of vaccination, provided that people have a complete vaccination schedule and the time required after the final injection.
- Proof of a negative RT-PCR or antigen test of fewer than 48 hours.
- The result of an RT-PCR or antigen test attesting to the recovery from COVID-19 dating at least 11 days and less than six months.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- To ensure comfort and safety, the entrances and exits are differentiated. In the same way, the establishment of routes avoiding the crossing of people is planned, in the parks as well as in the gardens to guarantee physical distancing and barrier gestures.
- Throughout your visit and in several places on the site, you will be able to disinfect and wash your hands.
- All points of sale (ticket office, shops) are fitted with protective plexiglass.
- Wearing a mask or visor is required for all personnel. We ask you to wear one yourself. Wearing a mask is compulsory indoors and strongly recommended outdoors.
- The main car park is on the hillside (south entrance of the domain – rue des Argillons). Priority is given to people with reduced mobility and families with pushchairs.
- Parking spaces are also available in the village of Chaumont-sur-Loire and along the banks of the Loire.
- Most areas are accessible to people with reduced mobility.
- There are luggage lockers available.
- Dogs are allowed at the International Garden Festival but not in the château.
- A free information leaflet is available in the following languages: French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Japanese, and Chinese.
- Multimedia guides are available at the entrance at an extra cost of 4 euros.
The International Garden Festival is open every day until November 01, 2021. It is open from10 PM to midnight. The last admission is 1 hour before the site closes.
1 Jan and 25 Dec
Infants aged 5 and under can go for free. Children aged 6-11, as well as youths aged 12-18, enjoy reduced ticket prices (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the venue.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at Château de Chaumont.
- Address: 41150 Chaumont-sur-Loire, France.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
You can get to Chaumont-sur-Loire along the D 952 (on the right bank) and D 751 subsidiary roads.
- Towards Bordeaux: exit 17 (Blois) – 30 minutes
- Towards Paris: exit 18 (Amboise) – 30 minutes
- Exit 12 Saint Aignan – 30 minutes
- Free car park
By Train and Shuttle
- From Paris-Austerlitz station, get off at Onzain/Chaumont-sur-Loire station. This takes around 1hr 40 (Intercités train).
- From St Pierre des Corps station, get off at Onzain/Chaumont-sur-Loire station. This takes around 20 minutes (TER train).
This ticket is valid on the date selected during checkout.