Skip the Line: Château of Azay-le-Rideau Ticket
Enjoy fast-track entry to the Azay-le-Rideau castle, one of the most famous fortresses in the Loire Valley. Perched on an island in the Indre River, it is an architectural wonder that forms part of the Loire Valley UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Walk in the footsteps of royalty at one of the earliest Loire castles to be built in the French Renaissance style.
- Marvel at the château’s opulent rooms, lavish ceiling decorations and more at your own pace.
- Explore the charming English-style gardens that surround the Château and take plenty of photographs.
- Skip-the-line entry to Château of Azay-le-Rideau
- Hotel transfers
- Food and drinks
strict cancellation policy
Cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled.
The Château d’Azay-le-Rideau is a fine example of the blend of 16th-century French architectural styles in the beautiful Loire Valley. The castle is surrounded by 8 hectares of English-style gardens and looks like something straight out of a fairy tale.
Resting atop its own island in the Indre River, this legendary château has been here since the reign of Francis I. It was built between 1518 and 1527 and has recently gone through a major restoration to reinstate its slate roofing and early 16th-century framework. While you’re here, check out the castle’s richly furnished rooms, the intricately decorated staircase, and the stunning ceiling decorations. Outside, stroll through the 19th-century English-style gardens and wait for a bluebird to land on your shoulder.
know before you go
- The monument is open and welcomes you in complete safety.
- Limited number of visitors.
- Adapted visit circuit.
- Each visitor is invited to respect the safety instructions indicated upon entering the monument.
- Wearing a face mask is compulsory in the monument.
- Hydroalcoholic gel will be at your disposal at the reception of the monument before your visit.
- Reminder of barrier gestures.
- Only a limited number of visitors are allowed per visit, as a part of COVID safety regulations.
- Each visitor is expected to respect the safety instructions indicated at the entrance to the monument.
- It is mandatory to wear your mask at all times during your visit.
- Hydroalcoholic gel will be available at the reception before you start your tour.
- Carry your credit or debit card with you as it is safer to do cashless transactions, in case you want to shop for souvenirs.
- Be mindful of the barriers and signs placed in the building.
- Supplementary waiting times may apply because of the new sanitary restrictions.
Sep 1, 2021 to Sep 30, 2021
Daily from 9:30am to 6pm (last access at 5pm).
Oct 1, 2021 to Mar 31, 2022
Daily from 10am to 5:15pm (last access at 4:15pm).
Ages 18 and below, and EU citizens below 26 years go free (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your experience to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Your ticket redemption point is at Château of Azay-le-Rideau, Rue de Pineau, 37190 Azay-le-Rideau, France.
- To locate the ticket redemption point on Google Maps, simply search for - Château of Azay-le-Rideau.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
- Train: The commune of Azay-le-Rideau is served by the SNCF Tours-Chinon line. The train station is within walking distance (2.1 km).
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout.