Etna & Gole dell’ Alcantara Jeep Tour
Discover Mount Etna in all its towering glory on a full-day tour. Explore the surrounding trails, walk inside a lava cave, and see the surreal gorges of Alcantara, all in the company of a professional guide.
- Embark on a guided tour around Etna Park and surround yourself in paths wound by nature.
- Journey into the depths of a fascinating cave formed by lava and explore its mysteries.
- Learn about Mount Etna’s volcanic phenomenon from an experienced multilingual tour guide.
- Get a taste of the region as you savor a fine selection of local wines, liqueurs, and honey.
- See real canyons formed by black lava walls while exploring the beautiful Gole dell’ Alcantara.
- Guided tour of Etna Park
- Guided visit around Alcantara River Park
- Multilingual escort / GAE guide
- Sicilian products and local wine tasting
- Hiking shoes rental
- Hotel transfers
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Tour Mount Etna on a thoroughly engaging and captivating full-day tour. Take a jeep ride through evocative lunar landscapes and lava fields, away from all the tourists, and admire the wild and natural beauty of your surrounding environment. Learn about Mount Etna’s biology and geology from your guide as you journey past dormant craters and rare sightings.
You will also explore a deep volcanic cave before trying local wines, liqueurs, and honey. Afterward, leave Etna behind as you head to the gorges of Alcantara, which were formed by black lava walls molded in the prismatic shape that is typical of rocks during the cooling process. Admire the columnar basalts, the lava formations, and extraordinary shapes of varying thickness and orientation. Tour the nature reserve before heading back to where you started.
know before you go
know before you go
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
- Travelers are required to bring and wear their own masks.
- Mandatory temperature checks will be conducted upon arrival.
- Transportation vehicles are regularly sanitized.
- Hand sanitizers will be available for travelers and staff.
- Social distancing will be enforced throughout the trip.
- The minimum number of participants for this jeep tour is 4.
- This tour is stroller accessible.
- Please bring your own snacks, water, and backpack for the trip.
- Dress Code: Wear comfortable shoes and weather-appropriate clothing.
- Not Allowed: Heeled shoes, sandals, flip-flops, suitcases, and trolleys.
- Seats inside the cabin will be assigned at random.
- The timetable can vary by 30 minutes as it is subject to technical, traffic, authority restrictions, adverse weather, and force majeure conditions.
- On request, it is possible to rent trekking shoes for free. It is also possible to rent a car seat at a cost of 20 euros (to be paid on-site).
- Guide Languages: English, Italian, French, and Spanish
Children aged 3 and under can join for free. Children aged 4-12 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID while boarding.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Meet your guide at Piazza dei Martiri, 2, 95131 Catania CT, Italy.
- Get Directions to the Meeting Point.
- The closest bus stop is VI Aprile Sangiuliano, a 1-min walk to the meeting point.
- Buses 2-5, 431N, 439, 530, 534, and more will get you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.