Reserved Entrance to Castel Sant'Angelo with Audio Guide
Explore Castel Sant’Angelo and uncover centuries' worth of history as you walk through the attraction on your own.
- Visit the mausoleum-turned-museum of Castel Sant'Angelo and get access to an engaging audio guide.
- Unearth centuries' worth of ancient history hidden behind the castle walls as you leisurely wander around at your own pace.
- Admire ancient artifacts, perfectly preserved frescoes, and other artwork on display.
- Climb the spiral staircase up to the Chamber of Ashes and explore the Papal Residence - maybe you'll find medieval secrets along the way!
- Soak up striking panoramic views across Rome and the River Tiber from the castle terrace.
- Reserved entry into Castel Sant'Angelo
- Digital audio guide
- Live guide
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Explore the Mausoleum Leisurely
Visit the ancient fortress of Castel Sant'Angelo, a landmark only a short distance from the Vatican City with centuries of history hidden behind its walls. Explore this mausoleum-turned-museum and explore the seven floors of the museum as you uncover ancient artifacts, perfectly preserved frescoes from the Renaissance period.
Climb the spiral staircase that takes you to the Chamber of Ashes, where many historical figures were incarcerated. Continue your way up to the Papal Residence and listen to stories of different rooms as you bask in the glorious artwork within. Finally, at the Castle's terrace, drink in remarkable panoramic views over Rome, the River Tiber, and Ponte Sant'Angelo bridge, a great opportunity for you to take some pictures!
Tune In to your Audio Guide
Your ticket comes along with a handy audio guide that will help you navigate your way through the Mausoleum. You can tune in to the introductory commentary from your smartphone - yes, it’s that convenient! Learn well-known facts about Castel Sant’Angelo as you walk around the attraction at your own pace.
You’ll receive information on how to download the audio guide on your smartphone in an email once you’ve booked your tickets.
- Make sure to download the audio guide beforehand when you have access to WiFi.
- For the best audio experience, make sure you bring along your earphones.
know before you go
know before you go
- This attraction is not suitable for wheelchair users & guests with mobility impairments.
- Weapons, sharp objects, luggage, or large bags are not allowed inside.
- Please select a time slot between 9am - 5pm while booking.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you immediately.
- Show the voucher on your cell phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- If you purchased discounted tickets, please bring your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Meet your host at the main entrance to the attraction: Castel Sant'Angelo.
- Address: Lungotevere Castello, 50, 00193 Roma RM, Italy.
- Your host will exchange your voucher for the official admission tickets.
How To Avail Your Audio Guide
- Your ticket includes access to a digital audio guide that can be accessed via an app. (Note: This is not the official guide offered at Castel Sant'Angelo.)
- The details of installing the app will be shared in an email after you book your ticket.
- Keep your smartphone fully charged as you won't find charging stations inside the venue easily.
- Pro Tip #1: Make sure to download the audio guide beforehand when you have access to WiFi.
- Pro Tip #2: Bring your earphones for the best audio experience.