Headout is evolving the way people discover the world by connecting them with exceptional experiences at the push of a button. We are building a magical platform that gets everyone to head out and have fun in a matter of seconds; no matter where you are and what you want to do. We are combining a delightful product experience, data-driven decisions, sophisticated supply side logistics network and world-class operations to solve a huge basic human problem: how do we have a good time?
We’ve grown 15x in the last 9 months and are backed by some of the finest investors in Silicon Valley who are behind companies like Alibaba, Lyft, Snapchat, Snapdeal, Angellist, Instacart, Product Hunt, Postmates and others.
As a key member of the Business Development team, the Senior Business Development Lead will structure, negotiate and execute on large scale partnerships designed to expand and grow the reach of the Headout brand.
We are seeking an all-around marketing athlete who can also take on a broad range of responsibilities. These include anything from negotiating major event partnerships to generating local consumer insights to creating a local driver acquisition strategy and everything in-between! The primary focus of this role will be on supply acquisition - partnerships that lead to increased adoption of Headout as the platform of choice for experience providers to connect with users.
Working closely with the hospitality team, s/he will also recommend and implement partnerships designed to measurably improve the host experience, add to host retention and deliver additional services to our hosts.
What you'll do?
- Evaluate strategic and partnership opportunities, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Work with both internal and external product teams to drive product partnerships and influence product roadmaps
- Lead contract negotiations to establish a strong working partnership grounded on sustainable economics for both parties
- Drive revenue generation and build the partner network for Headout by prospecting, qualifying and closing new partnerships
- Develop strong relationships with key partners that fit into our go-to-market strategy
- Support the deal process from relationship building and due diligence, all the way through post-contract signing integration
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years business development experience in online marketplace, e-commerce or travel related businesses.
- Expertise in developing, analyzing, modeling business cases, understanding of legal agreements.
- Proven track record of effectively negotiating multi-million dollar business agreements and developing business relationships that improve company performance.
- Excellent internal and external communicator and strong interpersonal skills. Communicate complex details simply.
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Can do attitude, strategic thinker and passion for new products and solutions.