Headout is evolving the way people discover the world by connecting them with exceptional experiences in their city at the push of a button. We are building a magical platform that gets everyone to head out and have fun in a matter of seconds; no matter where you are and what you want to do. We are combining a delightful product experience, data-driven decisions, sophisticated supply side logistics network and world-class operations to solve a huge basic human problem: how do we have a good time?
Our revenues have grown 14x in the last year and we are backed by some of the finest investors in Silicon Valley who are behind companies like Alibaba, Lyft, Snapchat, Snapdeal, Angellist, Instacart, Product Hunt, Postmates among others.
Headout offers users around our cities access to experiences that span different verticals: live events, sports, tours, attractions, one time events, activities, classes, venues, movies and on and on and on. Each of these verticals carries hundreds -if not thousands- of products, all waiting to be discovered by users in each city. Each member of Headout’s Category Management Team acts as the business manager of part of Headout’s catalog, and is responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, pricing and collaborates with our Partner Operations & Business Development - Supply team to support account performance
Our Associate Category Manager, along with the Sr. Category Manager, will help enable local experiences and city discovery by sifting through our marketplace’s entire catalogue of products to create compelling curations that engage our customer to browse, love and purchase. You help our customers find the adventure they will love, the activities they can’t wait to try, and the events they’ll want more of. We fuel our product experience through a mix of visuals and analytics, so a love for all things local and data is ideal.
As a Associate Category Manager, your work will be featured on Headout’s front page, in the home screen of our apps, and in emails that go out to our customer base. You’ll curate over hundreds of collections each week, and help us reach key goals related to customer conversion, retention and engagement. This role will report to our CEO and will work closely with Headout’s marketing team, Partner Operations team, the Copy and Design teams and others.
- Continually evolve the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise
- Own and optimize the product sourcing mix across a wide variety of partners
- Own category financial targets (e.g. GMV and margin), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Identify shopper experience and product work-flow enhancement opportunities and collaborate with product teams to execute
- Collaborate with Headout’s marketing team around category promotions
- Work with influencers and partners on collections for app and web across five verticals
- Collaborate with marketing and design on creative briefs for spotlight and emails
- What are we looking for?
Who are you?
- 2+ years experience in category management, e-commerce, site merchandising, startups and/or product management
- Flexible, adaptable, and comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable with spreadsheets
- Able to effectively prioritize, manage their time, and communicate
- Team player but independent and self-starter
- Experience in MS Office suite, SQL, JSON files, or web analytics tools is a plus