Ultimate Changing of the Guard Experience with Westminster Dome Climb
Embark on an exclusive tour of the royal Buckingham Palace of London with an expert English speaking guide. Witness the changing of guards and horse guards, which are not included on other tours. Climb on top of the Westminster Dome and get panoramic views of the Westminster Abbey and Central London.
- Go on a guided tour of the Buckingham Palace and witness the changing of the guard and the horse guards, which is exclusive for this tour.
- Make you through the St. James’ Park and Parliament Square.
- Gain access to the rooftop of the Westminster Dome and get a bird’s-eye view of central London.
- Changing the Guard (From special vantage points)
- Exclusive access to the rooftop
- An expert English speaking guide
- A small group of 15 people or less
- Pick-up and drop-off
Moderate Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund.
Meet your guide near the Victoria Memorial and make your way inside the Buckingham Palace. Get an exclusive opportunity to see the changing of guards and horse guards. Learn about the historical significance of this tradition from your guide. Feel free to take pictures with the horse guards, who have been entrusted with their role and have been serving the monarchs for generations.
Marvel at the Cityscape of Central London
On your second part of the tour, make your way through St. James' Park and on to Parliament Square. Your guide will take you to the top of the Westminster Dome, which was spared by the German bombers during the Blitz of 1940-41 due to its similarities to St. Paul’s Dome. Your guide will tell you more interesting historical facts regarding the dome, which you can enjoy while marveling at the surroundings of Central London.
Know Before You Go
- Please make sure to reach the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- Due to security reasons, this tour is not recommended for children below the age of 16, pregnant women, and people with heart conditions.
- Changing of the guard may not happen during bad weather conditions. However, you will still get a tour of other attractions and see the horse guard change.
- This tour includes climbing 166 steps, hence it is not recommended for people with reduced mobility.
- In the case of local events, access to the panoramic viewpoint may be limited.
This tour is available between 1st April 2019 and 31st October 2019 on Mondays and Wednesdays at 09:45 AM.
Additionally, the tour will also be available on
- April: 26th
- May: 10th and 24th
- September: 13th and 27th
Note: The tour will not be available on the following dates:
April: 15th, 17th, and 22nd
May: 6th and 22nd
June: 12th, 17th, and 19th
July: 22nd and 24th
October: 2nd, 7th, 9th, 14th, and 16th
The duration of this tour is 2 hours and 45 minutes.
Your mobile voucher will be sent to your email shortly. Please display this on your mobile device at the meeting point.
You will meet your guide at the top of the steps of the Victoria Memorial, in front of Buckingham Palace.
By train: Get down at Hyde Park Corner, it is an 8-minute walk to the meeting point.