Royal Palaces Walking Tour with Guard Change
Walk through the incredible city of London and visit some of the capital’s most iconic shops, churches, clubs, and palaces, some of which are favorites of the British Royal family, on this leisurely walking tour. You will also get a chance to witness the legendary Changing of the Guards ceremony at Buckingham Palace.
- Take a casual walking tour of London with an expert local guide.
- Learn interesting facts about all the places you see on this two hour walking tour.
- Visit fascinating locations like the Queen’s off licence, Prince Philip’s barber, and the Crown Estate.
- See the iconic ‘Changing of the Guard’ ceremony at the Buckingham Palace.
- Leisurely walking tour of London
- Witness the Changing of the Guards (subject to availability and weather conditions)
- Professional guide
- Admission to attractions on the tour like the Westminster Abbey
- Food or beverages
strict cancellation policy
The tickets cannot be cancelled after booking.
why you shouldn’t miss this
London has been one of the most populous and prosperous cities in Europe for two millennia. The city is known for its rich history and fascinating culture. Although England is a democracy, the British Royal Family continues to be held in high regard throughout the region. London is home to four extremely popular World Heritage Sites - the Tower of London, the Kew Gardens, St Margaret’s Church, and Westminster Abbey. This tour takes you to some of these alluring sites in the heart of the city.
Nothing embodies Britain’s spirit of pomp and royalty like the Changing of the Guard. It begins at 11 AM on the forecourt of Buckingham Palace if the weather is suitable and lasts for about 45 minutes. The process primarily involves guards, clad in bearskin caps and scarlet tunics, musically supported by the Regiment Band, exchanging the responsibility of protecting the Queen in her residence. Watching the elaborate ceremony is thoroughly fascinating, and is a must-see for anyone visiting London.
This two hour walking tour through the capital, which begins at Leicester Square, is the perfect way to get acquainted with the city. Your guide will tell you interesting stories about the places you see. You will also learn about the esoteric and somewhat quaint lives of the British royalty. Your guide will take you to see parts of the impressive Crown Estate.
Find out where the Queen of England buys her alcohol and where Prince Philip gets haircuts. You will then visit Jermyn Street. It is filled with establishments that hold Royal Warrants that give them the right to advertise that they sell goods or services to the English Royal Family. The famous Changing of the Guard tradition is a delight to watch. Your tour will end at the Westminster Station.
The Guard Change may not be operational in bad weather conditions. On these occasions, the tour group will visit the Horse Guards for a photo stop instead.
know before you go
The tour is available on all days of the week between 10 AM and 12 PM.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Meet your guide at Greenline Coach Terminal, Bus Stop #3
- Address: Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W 9SH, United Kingdom Get Directions to the Redemption Point
- Closest bus stop is Londyn, which stops right across from the meeting point
- Buses 05EX will bring you here
- Closest subway station is Victoria Station, a 5-minute walk to the meeting point
- Victoria, Circle, and district lines will bring you here
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected at checkout.
ratings & reviews
The tour meets outside St James’s Park Underground Station, where you will find your guide outside the entrance to Broadway and Tothill Street holding a sign of one of our leaflets.