Istanbul Blue Mosque and Sultanahmet Square Walking Tour
Head out on an exquisite walking tour of Istanbul’s most fascinating tourist areas and visit the magnificent Blue Mosque, the German Fountain, and the Palace of Ibrahim Pasha!
- Explore a wide variety of Byzantine and Ottoman monuments and relics
- Learn more about Istanbul’s rich history and culture from your expert local guide
- Discover the Hippodrome, the Serpentine Column, the German Fountain, and the Palace of Ibrahim Pasha
- Visit the Blue Mosque and marvel at its elegant architecture and sumptuous interiors
- You are free to stay at the Blue Mosque and explore its opulent courtyards for as long as you like
- English-speaking guide
- Admission to the Blue Mosque
- Walking Tour around Sultanahmet Square
- Hotel transfers
- Transport facilities
Daily at 2:00 PM, except on Fridays
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
The Imperial Square of Istanbul is lined with some of the most magnificent historical monuments from both the Ottoman and Byzantine era. Your tour will begin at the Million Stone, a 4th century AD Byzantine monument that served as a zero-mile marker for inter-city distance measurements. The guide will then lead you to the German Fountain, a gazebo-styled fountain gifted to the Ottomans by German Emperor Wilhelm II, located in the northern section of Sultanahmet Square. You will also visit the Palace of Ibrahim Pasha, a sumptuous residence built in the 16th century.
Explore the expansive Hippodrome of Constantinople, which was later renamed as Sultanahmet Square, the nexus of all political and sporting activity during the Byzantine and Ottoman eras. Continue onwards to your last stop for the day, the Blue Mosque, the largest of the Ottoman mosques in Istanbul. Your guide will drop you off here and you can enter the mosque on your own. With over 200 intricately designed stained glass windows, beautiful chandeliers, and more than 20,000 handmade ceramic tiles with charming tulip designs, the interior of the Blue Mosque is truly awe-inspiring. You may stay here and explore the gorgeous courtyards and halls at your own pace.
know before you go
The tour involves a significant amount of walking. You are advised to wear comfortable and light clothing that is suitable for walking in the sun.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly after the purchase
- Please display the same along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the scheduled time to avoid any delays
- Meet your Istanbul Welcome Card tour guide, dressed in red uniform at the entrance of the Hürrem Sultan Hamam.
- It is located below the trees, next to the newspaper kiosk, and across from the Hagia Sophia. If you can not find him please call the emergency number (+ 90 546 911 84 14).
- Address: Cankurtaran, Park İçi Yolu, 34122 Fatih/ Istanbul.
- Nearest tram stop is Sultanahmet, which is a 3-minute walk to the attraction
- Tram #L1 will get you here
These tickets are valid for the date and time selected during the booking