Blue Mosque Guided Tour
Discover one of the oldest and most famous mosques in Turkey on this English-guided tour.
- Admire one of the most remarkable specimens of Ottoman architecture.
- Get a close look at Istanbul's history and culture.
- See the famous intricate blue tiling in the mosque's interior.
- Find out the story behind the 6 towering minarets of the mosque.
- Learn about Sultan Ahmed I of the Ottoman Empire, after whom the mosque was originally named.
- Entry to the mosque
- Expert, English-speaking guide
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Join your guide to explore one of Istanbul's most iconic historic landmarks, located in one of the oldest settlements of the city. Right from the beginning of the 17th-century, the Blue Mosque has attracted hordes of worshippers and travelers. Originally named after Sultan Ahmed I of the Ottoman Empire, the intricate blue tiling you will see in the mosque has led to its popular moniker. The glorious 6 minarets have an interesting story to tell; make sure you ask your guide about it!
Serving as both a place of worship and as a museum, and located to several other popular attractions like Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque is a must-visit for every Istanbul visitor.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
From Jan 1 to Jul 31
Mon and Tue at 2:30pm
From Aug 1 to Dec 31
- Mon at 2:30pm
- Tue at 2pm
- Wed to Sun (except Fri): 10am
The mosque is closed to tourists every day during praying times.
Wear modest clothing (arms and legs covered). Women MUST cover their hair with a scarf. If you forget to bring your own scarf, you can borrow one from a small stand before you enter the Blue Mosque.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your tour guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at the main bus stop for the Big Bus Tour Company at Sultanahmet Square.
- Look out for the dark red double-decker buses. It's about 20 meters (65 ft) in front of the Hagia Sophia Museum.
To get to Sultanahmet Square, take the T1 Bağılar - Kabataş tram and get off at Sultanahmet station. Walk towards Hagia Sophia and keep an eye out for the Big Bus stop.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.