E-scooter Tour of Edam & Volendam + Entry to the Edam Cheese Museum
Feel the wind in your hair as you breeze through Volendam and Edam on your e-scooters!
- Pick up your e-scooters and wind down the countryside lanes of the Netherland in a cool, environmentally-friendly fashion.
- Discover some of the most beautiful Dutch cultural and culinary highlights on this self-guided tour.
- Enjoy terrific photo stops along the way, passing by windmills, canals, a Dutch cheese market, and town landmarks.
- Drive down a 3-kilometer-long dike or swim in the waters of lake Gouwzee if you please.
- Visit the Volendam Museum and the Edam Museum to dive deep into the history of both villages.
- Stop by a restaurant in Edam when you start craving some coffee and pie (it's on us!)
- Individual e-scooter rental for a day
- Full battery with a range of 60 kilometers
- GPS smartphone program to follow route
- Hardcopy of map with recommendations to break
- Entry into the Edam Cheese Museum
- Coffee and pie in a restaurant in Edam
- Food & drinks
- Hotel transfers
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Begin your tour at the old harbor of Volendam, where traditional houses and the charming fishing village atmosphere will envelop around you. Visit the famous maze, Doolhof in Volendam, cruise next to the dike, and swim in the famous lake, Gouwzee! Visit the Volendam Museum, one of the country's most unconventional museums.
Visit Edam next, an 800-year-old town north of Volendam. Famous for its peaceful narrow alleys and small canals, this town exudes charming countryside vibes like no other. It is also famous for its cheese market, where we encourage you to taste and buy your preference of cheese. Visit the Great Church, the Musicaltower, 'Speeltower', and the Edam Museum- a great display of Edam's history: from its shipbuilding tradition to its architecture, you'll see it all. Stop by your choice of restaurant in Edam for a cup of coffee and a slice of cake (on us)! As you ride back, stop by the traditional Katwouder windmill in Katwoude: a typical Dutch sight you won't want to miss.
know before you go
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- All guests driving an e-scooter must have a valid driver's license, to be presented at the time of renting.
- You are not be allowed to rent or drive the e-scooter when you are intoxicated by alcohol or drugs.
- This is a self-guided tour. You will receive clear and easy directions in order to be able to find your way.
- Scooters are not allowed on the highway with our vehicles. You must always drive on the stated bike paths.
- Please be mindful of the residents and other road users
- When renting an e-scooter a deposit of €50 is required, which will be returned to you after giving back the (undamaged) e-scooter.
- Cheese market timings: Every Wed from 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM (in July & Aug).
Directions are available in English, French, Russian, Spanish, German, Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic & Japanese
You may pick up your e-scooter between 9:30 AM & 6 PM.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your tickets and pick up your scooters at the ticketing office of Rent & Event.
- Address: Haven 45, 1131 EP Volendam, Netherlands.
- The closest bus stop is Volendam, Volendam Centrum, a 7-min walk to the ticketing office.
- Bus N14 will bring you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.