3-Hour Guided Tour of Berlin
Unravel German’s glorious and tyrannical history on this 3-hour guided tour. Learn how this city stood unwavering through all the eras.
- Get an insider’s perspective of Berlin on this 3-hour guided tour.
- Dredge up the past and learn about the epicenter of two dictatorships in the twentieth century.
- Appreciate the newly reconstructed Prussian royalty’s family palace.
- Stand at the location where at least 20,000 books were burned by fanatical Nazi supporters in 1993.
- Touch the Berlin Wall as you discover the truth behind the ‘death strip’.
- Pay homage to the Murdered Jews of Europe at the powerful Memorial site.
- Expert English-speaking guide
- Comprehensive & in-depth tour of Berlin’s past & present
- Audio guide
- Hotel transfers
- Meal inclusions
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Uncover this city’s hidden history
Retrace Berlin’s evolution from a small, fishing village to the capital of Prussia. Stroll down the city’s royal boulevard, Unter den Linden. Track Berlin’s growth as it became the center of the Enlightenment under Fredrick the Great, the scene of occupation by Napolean, and the capital of Bismarck’s German Empire. As you delve deeper into German history, learn about the era of the Teutonic Knights through its key role in major events of the twentieth century.
Berlin Through the Ages
Notice how the city stayed unparalleled as the capital through the Nazi Third Reich, the divided capital of the Cold War, and the modern capital of Unified Germany in the new world. Spot Göering’s former Luftwaffe HQ, site of Himmler’s former SS, and Gestapo HQ at the Topography of Terror. Visit the Memorial for the Murdered Jews of Europe and spend a moment in silence. Walk over the site of Hitler’s Bunker and enter the moving Memorial dedicated to victims of War and Tyranny.
Ascertain Hitler’s Ideologies
Stop by the location where the Nazis burned books in the infamous book-burning of 1933. Arrive at the Berlin Wall and touch a section to know why this area was called the ‘death strip'. Spend time at Checkpoint Charlie, the exact location where an American-Soviet standoff took place and the imminent threat of World War II was felt. Get to know about the Reichstag’s tumultuous years, from its German Empire history, Weimar Republic’s failed democracy, Nazi Rise in 1933, entrapment at the Berlin Wall during the Cold War, and its symbolism in present-day Germany’s transparent democracy.
End your tour with a flourish at the historic and picturesque Pariser Platz right in front of the beautiful Brandenburg Gate.
know before you go
know before you go
- This tour is wheelchair accessible.
- Outside food and drinks, and photography are allowed on this tour.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes for this tour.
- Daily: 10am onwards
- This tour is unavailable on 25 September 2022, 25 December 2023 & 31 January 2023.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide outside the Friedrichstraße station.
- Address: Reichstagufer 17, 10117, Berlin, Germany.
- Landmark: On the square between the 'Tränenpalast' (Palace of Tears) and the station.
- Your guide will be wearing a "Blue Lanyard and Yellow Name Tag".
- The closest bus stop is Berlin Friedrichstraße station. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board buses 147, M1, N6 to get you there.