Ayutthaya Small Group Full Day Tour from Bangkok including Transfers
Embark upon this exciting trip from Bangkok to Ayutthaya, and visit all the main highlights of this historical city. Discover the ancient ruins of the temples and delve into the city’s history on this detailed tour. Devour an authentic Thai meal with a stunning view of the Ayutthaya Floating Market.
- Take a trip to the cultural city of Ayutthaya, which was previously Asia’s most magnificent capital.
- Visit the stunning Bang Pa-In, the renowned Summer Palace of Thai monarchs.
- Make a pit stop for lunch and enjoy an authentic Thai spread while enjoying the gorgeous view of the Ayutthaya Floating Market in the background.
- After lunch, visit the Wat Phrasri Sanphet, the grandest of temples in Ayutthaya.
- Be amazed at the wonderful Wat Mahathat, a temple known for displaying a statue of Buddha’s head in a tree.
- With a small cozy group of visitors, get comfortable with your professional English-speaking tour guide, who will feed you historic information and anecdotes of the city of Ayutthaya throughout the journey.
- Enjoy the perks of free hotel transfers if your hotel is within the free pick-up area.
- Hotel transfers on air-conditioned coaches (if your hotel is located within the free pick-up area
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Drinking water
- Entrance fees to the Royal Palace (THB 100)
- Entrance fees to the Wat Mahathat (THB 50)
- Entrance fees to the Wat Mongkol Borpit (THB 50)
- Entrance fees to the Wat Phrasri Samphet (THB 50)
- Entrance fees to the Wat Chaiwatthanaram (THB 50)
- Ayutthaya Floating Market (THB 200)- Optional
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Many moons ago, the Kingdom of Thailand was known as Siam, and its first capital was the Sukhothai, located in the North. Its second capital was known for its enormous monasteries and splendid towers, and was located not far from Bangkok. This capital was Ayutthaya, and it flourished from the 14th to 18th centuries in the country’s central plains. There are plenty of sites to see and many history lessons to be learnt. Embark upon this cultural and historical journey and learn facts about Ayutthaya you didn’t know before.
Start your journey from Bangkok and enjoy the 2-hour drive to Ayutthaya. On this full-day trip, you will explore the ruins of the ancient city in the historical park of Ayutthaya. The UNESCO-listed park is an archeological site that is filled with Buddhist temples, monasteries, palaces, and ancient statues. Get down at the Bang Pa-In Royal Palace. This palace was built in the year 1632 by King Prasat Thong. Explore the multiple buildings with impressive architectural styles from Thai, European, and Chinese origin.
Continue your venture through Ayutthaya by taking a small break for lunch at the Ayutthaya floating market. With plenty of local cuisines ready to be experimented with, give your tastebuds a blast of Thai flavor.
After lunch, there are 2 more historical sites on your itinerary, both ancient temples with historical ruins. The Wat Phra Sanphet and the Wat Mahathat temples are two great sites in Ayutthaya that cannot be missed. The Wat Phrasri Samphet is a restored temple, that was earlier considered one of the holiest sites of the old Royal Palace. Look out for the stone Buddha head entwined within the tree roots at the Wat Mahathat temple.
know before you go
- 7:30 AM- 8:30 AM: Pickup from your accommodation within the free pick-up area
- 8:30 AM: Departure from meeting point (if accommodation is not within the free pick-up area)
- 10 AM: Visit the Bang Pa-In Royal Palace
- 11:30 AM: Arrive at the capital of Ayutthaya
- 11:40 AM: Roam around the temples and ruins of the city
- 12:30 PM: Lunch at a Thai restaurant or Ayutthaya Floating Market (optional)
- 1:30 PM: Visit the temples
- 5 PM: Return to meeting point/accommodation
This tour lasts about 9 hours.
- You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide before boarding.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- If your hotel/accommodation is not located within the free pickup area, please make your way to the meeting point.
- Free pickup area: From Khaosarn road, Narathiwas Ratnakarin, Sathorn Road (North and South), Pratunam, Wireless Road.
- Meeting Point: MRT Chatuchak station exit 3 by escalator OR BTS Mo chit station exit 4 by stairs. (These 2 places are in the same location, it depends if you come in MRT or SkyTrain.)
- Look out for your tour guide holding a TripGuru sign.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected at checkout.