Museum of Science & Industry Chicago Tickets
Visit Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry and learn more about the marvels of science and technology that populate our world!
- See the real U-505, the only German submarine in the United States
- Experience the enchantment of a fairy’s dream home - newly restored and more magical than ever
- Explore the "Materials Science" section of the museum, which explores the history and future of materials that impact our lives every day
- Walk into a full-scale replica of a coal mine and learn more about the mining processes and techniques from the exhibits
- Wander through a 3,500 sq. foot model railroad, and see the first diesel-powered passenger train
- General admission ticket
- Access to most permanent exhibits
- Access to Science Storms and Numbers in Nature: A Mirror Maze, Extreme Ice
- Food & beverages
Ages 3-11yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
what to expect
With 35,000+ artefacts, this museum attracts over 180 million guests every year. MSI is the largest science museum in the Western Hemisphere! It is housed in the only remaining building from the 1893 World Fair, and it displays exciting exhibits including a full-size coal mine, a German submarine & the Apollo 8 spacecraft. Experience 14 acres of the most mind-blowing, hands-on exhibits, navigate a mirror maza, manipulate a 40-ft tornado and more! Learn by doing at the museum, and explore the 8 different and unique spaces across the museum which showcase various aspects of the science and industrial sectors.
know before you go
- Note that there are stairs to enter the simulators and small enclosed spaces inside, making the simulators not wheelchair accessible
- Due to safety concerns, tripods are not allowed
Timings and Availability
- Mon- Fri: 9:30 AM- 4:00 PM
- Sat & Sun: 9:30 AM- 7:00 PM
Your tickets will be emailed to you within 20 minutes of purchase. Please display the same on your mobile at the venue along with a valid photo ID to gain entry.
Ticket Redemption Point
Museum of Science and Industry, 5700 S Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60637, United States
- By Metro: Take the Metro Red Line to the 55th - 56th - 57th St. station. The museum is a short walk from here.
- By Bus: Take 2, 6, 15, or 28 bus to Stony Island & 57th Drive station. The museum is a walking distance away.