ARTIS Royal Zoo Tickets
Take a stroll amid shady trees, be awed by the amazing diversity of flora and fauna, take a trip to the stars at the Planetarium, check out multi-coloured fish at the Aquarium, and learn more about the heritage of the bustling capital city of the Netherlands when you visit the ARTIS Amsterdam Royal Zoo!
- Your ticket gives you skip-the-line access to the top-rated zoo in the Benelux region for a whole day.
- Watch the zookeeper present different species such as jaguars, red ruffed lemurs, Asian elephants, penguins, and sea lions at different times of the day.
- Enjoy a virtual trip to space at the speed of light and observe planets, moons, stars, and even galaxies by visiting the Planetarium.
- Spot dozens of aquatic species at the Aquarium ranging from seahorses to red-bellied piranha.
- Watch a slice of the Amsterdam Canal and see how ARTIS conveys a subtle message about the harmful effects of plastic in water.
What to Expect
The ARTIS Amsterdam Royal Zoo is a place where culture, nature, and heritage converge to form a fine blend. With your skip-the-line tickets, you can fly past queues and proceed directly to the entrance gate and gain access to the ARTIS Royal Zoo.
The zoo is divided into sections. You can spend ample time exploring each section at your pace. Gaze at zebras, giraffes, springboks, ostriches, and more species living in harmony on the Savannah. Be amazed by the countless number of butterflies fluttering at the Butterfly Pavilion.
If the mysteries of space interest you, make your way to the ARTIS Planetarium and enjoy a space adventure which takes place at 3 PM on weekdays and 1 PM on weekends. You can also access the ARTIS Aquarium which is home to several species including sharks, seahorses, piranhas, and tropical fish. Get a view of the Amsterdam Canal and understand the adverse effects of plastic on aquatic life.
Taking a stroll through the historical city park with its centuries-old trees and rich diversity of plants is relaxing in itself. You can also unwind by the fountain on Artisplein. In case you need refreshments, head to de Plantage, a café-restaurant located inside the premises.
- Skip-the-line access to the ARTIS Royal Zoo
- Access to the Planetarium and the Aquarium.
- Food & Beverages
Know Before You Go
In the months of June, July, and August, ARTIS Amsterdam Royal Zoo will be open every Saturday until sunset. These days will feature plenty of kids’ activities, performances by upcoming musical talent as well as renowned artists, and special events at the Planetarium.
- 1st March - 31st October: 9 AM - 6 PM
- 1st November - 28th February: 9 PM - 5 PM
- Holidays: 31st December: 9 AM - 4 PM; 1st January: 10 AM - 5 PM
- Every Saturday in June, July, and August: 9 AM - Sunset
Your tickets remain valid for a whole day’s access, including exit/re-entry on the same day.
If you’re using public transportation, you can take tram 14 from Amsterdam Central Station. This line stops directly at the park; leave the tram at stop 'ARTIS'. Also, tram lines 7 and 19 stop at Alexanderplein, which is a short walk away from ARTIS. The closest metro station is Waterlooplein. It is a ten-minute walk from the station to the main entrance.
There is no specific dress code as such but comfortable shoes are recommended for your visit as it involves walking.
Most of the ARTIS Park is wheelchair-accessible. There are few paths and sections that’ll require by-passing. A limited number of wheelchairs are available at the ticket counter, which can be availed by paying a € 1 security deposit. No pre-booking option is available.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the ARTIS Zoo. If you really need to, you can get a stamp at the entrance, head outside the premises for smoking, and re-enter by displaying the stamp.
- Service dogs and/or other animals/pets are not permitted in ARTIS.
- Locker facility is not available. Bags can be left at the service window located immediately to the left of the entrance.
Strict Cancellation Policy
This experience cannot be cancelled, rescheduled or amended.
Your mobile tickets will be sent to your email instantly. Please display the ticket on your mobile device along with a valid photo ID at the entrance.