Athens City And Streets Walking Tour
Tour Athens, the birthplace of European culture. Join a local guide on a walk through the historic center, past many of the city's cultural and architectural highlights.
- Stroll through the historic Plaka neighborhood.
- Stimulate your senses with the aromas of the Monastiraki market.
- Watch the changing of the guard at the Parliament House.
- Discover how to navigate the city so you can explore independently.
- Choose to have your tour conducted in English, German, or Greek.
- Walking tour with an expert German, English, or Greek-speaking local guide
- Shared group tour of max 12 people
- Transport to the meeting spot
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Walk along Athens' streets, explore historic neighborhoods that surround the Acropolis, as well as the picturesque Plaka district. Follow an expert guide to hidden nooks and treats in the city that only locals know. Get a peek into Athens' lesser-known architectural and cultural highlights!
Behold Syntagma station and watch the changing of the guards at the Parliament House. Take in the sights, sounds, and smells of Monastiraki's famous markets, where the aromas of fresh Greek food mix with the hustle and bustle. Admire architectural wonders of the ancient world, and stroll past winding streets steeped in history.
Don't hesitate to pick your guide’s brains on their vast knowledge of Greek history and mythology, as well as food recommendations and other local tips!
Know Before You Go
This ticket has the following options you can choose from:
- English-Guided Tour
- German-Guided Tour
- Greek-Guided Tour
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds.
- Hygiene products (hand sanitizers and face masks) are provided.
- Guides are required to regularly wash hands.
- Face masks are required for guides in public areas. Travelers are provided with face masks.
- Hand sanitizer is available to travelers and staff.
- Social distancing is enforced throughout the experience.
- If it's groups of more than 4 people, you will get headsets to listen better and maintain social distancing.
- This tour is wheelchair and pram/stroller-accessible.
- Pets and guide dogs are allowed.
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes to cover long walking distances.
- Wear light clothing. Carry sunscreen, a hat, and a bottle of water, especially in the summers.
- Outside food and drinks are allowed.
- Photography is permitted.
- Averof ship is inside an area belonging to the Greek Navy and has limited visiting hours. During the morning tours, you can see it up close. To enter inside the Averof ship is optional and tickets are not included in the price (3 euro per person). During the afternoon tours, you only see it as you walk by.
- Note: If you don’t like seafood we can adjust the menu to your preferences.
- Monastiraki and Plaka neighborhoods
- House of Parliament
- Changing of guards
- Syntagma Square and its metro station
- Local life and experiences as you walk between venues
Daily at 10 AM, 2 PM, 4 PM, and 6 PM.
Infants aged 0-2 can go for free. Children aged 3-9 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 5 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your tour guide at the Acropolis Metro Station.
- Your guide will have a signboard that says “Walks In Europe."
- Address: Athens 117 42, Greece.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- If you are arriving on the metro, please make your way to the surface and wait by the metro sign that says “Entrance D. Areopagitou 15”.
- If you are not arriving by metro, please find the metro sign that says “Akropoli."
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.